Mgr, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Media Networks Strategic Sourcing & Procurement function has been established to support all of the Media Networks Sourcing & Procurement requirements and activities. In addition the team is responsible for supporting the segment’s and business units’ development and execution of category management strategies for Broadcast Technology and Services, Production Technology and Services, and Facilities and Construction Services and Support. The Strategic Sourcing and Procurement team provides commercial support and insights to the numerous stakeholders across the Segments’ various businesses including; ABC Inc., ABC Studios, ABC Owned TV Group, Disney ABC Television Group, and ESPN. The team and works collaboratively with other TWDC S&P verticals in the areas of Professional Services, Marketing, IT, and Supply Chain Management.
The Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Manager will be specifically responsible for developing and implementing a range of Stakeholder and Supplier Relationship Management strategies across the Media Networks Segment which align with the respective Business Units’ goals and objectives. This position will primarily support the Segments’ east coast business unit operations, but will also help support other business units and projects within Media Networks as needed. In addition, The Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Manager will be a key contributor on the development and execution of Senior Management’s Annual Operating Plan and is accountable for creating, leading and partnering on sourcing initiatives that achieve value without compromising business strategy and performance.
It is the responsibility of the manager to ensure the relevant regional and local businesses finance and operational stakeholders are considered and provide Line of Business (LOB) input into the strategy. It is essential that the manager builds and maintains an extensive stakeholder internal network, as well as a solid external market network). Both internal and external relationships are critical for the development and execution of informed, innovative, best in class sourcing engagements, aligned with the stakeholders’ goals and objectives.
The individual is responsible for delivering the long term values and the shorter term P&L impact objectives set forth in the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), in collaboration with the Sourcing specialists. Responsibilities
- Manage, Lead Develop and Mentor 3 direct reports
- Develops long term Business Unit and Stakeholder strategies and plans
- Key contributor to development of and execution against Segment Annual Operating Plan
- Is accountable for the delivery of value as part of AOP
- When developing the plan, pro-actively involves stakeholders to ensure requirements are respected and local experience and knowledge is leveraged while ensuring the Category Strategies are applied locally
- Nurtures and develops relationships with key internal senior stakeholders, and establish strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Leverage global scale and adhere to global categories where applicable
- Provide rigorous cost and market analysis following the models established by Sourcing, focusing on the total value contribution
- Facilitates SRM opportunities with key suppliers in partnership with Senior Executive Sponsors
- Provide and lead Regional operational procurement services that provide low cost/best value to constituents while considering impact on operations, customers and competitors
- Evaluate total cost/supply chain management analyses to identify opportunities to reduce TCO
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following the Strategic Sourcing process
- Ensure consistent application of procurement processes across constituent groups
- Identify, develop and deploy best practice supplier management, procurement and supply chain practices
- Institutionalize procurement performance measures that demonstrate value and ensure supplier performance
- Ensure compliance, cost savings and performance measures are established, tracked and achieved
- Build/establish strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Support sourcing staff and drive internal skill/capability development to broaden and build their skill sets and capabilities
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Requires 7-10 experience in sourcing and procurement of goods and services.
- Ability to interact with and establish relationships with stakeholders from the Manager to SVP level
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience in sourcing category management
- Strong analytical skills and experience with Microsoft Excel functions such as pivot tables, lookups, data analysis, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience building business cases to influence change
- Ability to collaborate in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Internal customer focus
- Experience with SAP, Ariba or other ERP
- Internal or external business consulting experience highly desired
- Knowledge of Strategic Sourcing/Procurement or Supply Chain Management/Logistics processes and methodologies
- Experience defining, building, and implementing Category and Supplier Relationship Management strategies
- Experience in a Broadcast TV and/or Cable Industry
- Professional certification in I.S.M, Logistics, S.C.M. or similar
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, engineering or business required.
- Graduate degree in business or another quantitative or technical discipline preferred.
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.