Client Engagement Manager (Media) Technology Program Manager
The Client Engagement Manager (Media) is a key liaison between the business unit customers and the Enterprise Technology organization. This role has accountability to build (individually and drive through the partnership within the organization) in-depth knowledge of the business unit and a broad knowledge of the entire portfolio of Enterprise Technology services (infrastructure, business applications, security, platform, data, end user, etc.).
This position will focus on developing and managing key client relationships, participate in client strategic planning sessions, identify business opportunities, and facilitate the prioritization of work. The successful candidate will also be adept at establishing timelines for successful completion of projects, driving decision making to the appropriate owners, navigating risks and managing issues. The Client Engagement Manager (Media) will work with peers across Enterprise Technology to perform internal reviews of both processes and technology to seek more effective and efficient methods of work.
This position will ensure strategic technology alignment, drive planning and prioritization to enable critical investment decisions, understand and articulate the Enterprise Technology service portfolio and corresponding value to business unit customers and ensure quality end-to-end delivery. This role will also provide input back to service delivery & operations organizations on continuous improvement of those services to ensure, monitor, and report on quality project and service delivery specific to the business segment. This individual is a business-minded technology leader capable of having content-rich discussions with exceptionally strong relationship skills and the ability to successfully collaborate cross functionally. Leveraging his or her business and technology skills, previous experience, and relationship management expertise, this individual will create and drive technology-enabled strategy and solutions. Partnering with business segment and technology leaders and leveraging internal IT and Shared Services resources, she/he will be able to assess the current and future technological needs, evaluate options, and drive strategic roadmaps.
ResponsibilitiesThis position will require, a balance of business and technical skills, and excellent abilities to coordinate resources across many organizations within TWDC and with external partners. The Client Engagement Manager will work with senior leaders and at multiple levels across TWDC to identify opportunities to bring together people, processes, and technology to drive growth and efficiencies. The ideal candidate will be able to rapidly assemble diverse teams of individuals to pursue opportunities of strategic advantage to TWDC.
The Client Engagement Manager (Media) will also need to play the role of change agent as businesses look to technology to enable more efficient and nimble operations, as well as support high quality customer experiences. This will take the form of strong management and leadership capabilities across groups working on Enterprise Technology efforts. The individual will look for opportunities to engage the relevant Enterprise Technology resources as needed, either directly or indirectly, ensuring that needs are thoroughly understood and that efforts are focused on delivering against business objectives.
The Client Engagement Manager (Media) is a key member of the ET Client Engagement team working closely with a technologically complex business and broad set of TWDC enterprise services and technologies. The ideal candidate will excel at working in a matrix and virtual team environment and be capable at maintaining focus across multiple priorities at any given time.
- 4-8 years of overall experience in technology under varying capacity, 2+ years in a business partnering, client-facing role
- Proven success in working with teams and executive leadership in a complex, large-Company environment
- Proven experience working in a matrix environment, managing multiple stakeholders
- Relevant work experience across multiple technology areas and services
- Strong history of adapting departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
- Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Capable of providing technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
- Ability to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate understanding of requirements to execute
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan with limited guidance
- Results-oriented, prioritizes work activities, plans and stays organized in order to meet commitments
- Excellent presentation, communication (oral & written), and relationship building skills, across all levels of management
- Negotiation and issue resolution capabilities
- Business financial and business case development acumen
- Understanding of technology principles and services including infrastructure, business applications, data management, security, application platforms and consumer facing technology
- Well-versed in industry technology trends in Secuity, Compute Infrastructure, Collaboration, Cloud and End User Compute & Personalization
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through others who are not direct reports
- Account management, business / technology liaison experience
- Experience managing technology products and services including:
- Business cases for new products and product enhancements to enable prioritization and justify investments
- Infrastructure and platform services supporting critical business functions; employee enablement/empowerment; developer productivity and collaboration; consumer-facing technologies.
- Media and Broadcast Engineering in linear & digital distribution
- Experience in process / continuous improvement and identification of key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Project/Program Management
- Experience in any Enterprise Architecture framework
- Experience working under Devops culture & Agile methodologies
- Experience in Business Finance
- Experience in consulting environment
Four year degree and/or equivalent work experience
Additional InformationThe Enterprise Technology, Client Engagement team functions as a primary liaison between segment customers and any Enterprise Technology group responsible for effective and efficient delivery of services to clients. Client Engagement also works across segments to collaborate and identify strategic technology alignment, drive planning and prioritization to enable critical investment decisions, articulate Enterprise Technology service portfolio and value, and monitor and report on quality delivery.