Production Coordinator (Project Hire)
Lucasfilm Animation and creators of the Emmy award winning animation series “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” and the highly successful animation series “Star Wars: Rebels” are looking for a versatile Production Coordinator to join their production team.
The Production Coordinator assists with the management of the production process from pre-production through post production on an animated television series. Responsibilities
- Supports the Associate Producer by managing the calendar, scheduling meetings, arranging travel, creating presentations and coordinating other key events.
- Prepare, submit and track expense reports for the Associate Producer and other team members as requested, or assigned.
- Arranges, coordinates and confirms all travel arrangements on behalf of the Associate Producer. This may include coordinating travel for external production crew as necessary or required.
- Acts as a resource for Rebels production and provides the Associate Producer, production staff, artists, and supervisors with support to enable them to complete their work – such as assisting in the day to day running of the departments, managing established schedules through production planning, coordination and troubleshooting.
- Assists with the revisions process – scheduling reviews, delivering files internally and externally, handling all aspects of the notes review process, tracking progress of revisions, and working with Associate Producer to make sure the approved revisions are reflected in the locked cut.
- Acts as production point person for record sessions – collaborates with the Casting Manager and Associate Producer to schedule records and deliver editorial reference to the recording studio prior to record sessions.
- Provides administrative support and back up support to the production team including taking notes, printing documents and schedules, and updating our internal production tracking software.
- Prepares routine correspondence, answering phones, packaging and shipping, etc. as needed.
- Coordinates and set-up meetings including booking conference rooms, set up of A/V technology needs, overtime meals and catering, running errands. Responsible for coordinating any on-site guest visits.
- Assist with various event planning and coordination.
- Completes special projects as needed or requested.
Preferred QualificationsRequired Skills / Competencies:
- Strong organizational, project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse personalities and work styles.
- Capable of working independently and part of a team. High level of initiative, flexibility and confidentiality.
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines. Ability to work in a start-up environment that has a certain degree of ambiguity.
- Requires excellent administrative skills including word processing, strong working knowledge of Word and Excel. Shot tracking software experience a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in film, art, theatre, communications or related filed, preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Production, preferably in Animation.
Company Overview Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.