Production Coordinator (Project Hire)
Lucasfilm Animation and creators of the Emmy award winning animation series “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” and the highly successful animation series “Star Wars: Rebels” are looking for a versatile Production Coordinator to join their production team.
Working closely with the Associate Producer, the Production Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the day to day running of the Concept Design and Assets Departments. Responsibilities
- Manages established schedules through production planning, coordination and troubleshooting beginning with Script Breakdowns, continuing thru Concept Design Kick-Offs and wrapping-up with completion of Hi-Res Asset Build.
- Assists the artists and production personnel within respective departments. Meets with Production and creative staff to review deadlines and development/production timelines.
- Provides the concept artists and production staff with support to enable them to complete their work.
- Oversees the tasks that concept artists create that convey the story in a 2D and 3D computer graphics environment. This work includes concept designs, screen displays, lighting concepts, matte paintings, and asset build.
- Works closely with the Associate Producer, Supervising Director, Art Director, Digital Assets Supervisor and Production Manager to establish concept design bids/schedules, asset bids/schedules, and all schedules related to screen displays, lighting concepts and matte painting tasks.
- In partnership with the Art Director, the Production Coordinator assigns work to concept artists based on creative fit, skill-set, and production timeline.
- Populates internal production/creative tracking system with asset naming conventions and other pertinent data upon the approval of the concept designs and assets as needed.
- Assists the Associate Producer in assigning appropriate manpower, workspace and scheduling to ensure completion of respective departments goals.
- Develops and uses planning systems and ‘work in process’ tracking systems daily.
- Ensures that inventory moves smoothly from one department to the next.
- Prepares notes and instructions for artists who assemble and prepare concept design, final SOP and delivery to overseas vendors.
- Completes special projects as needed or requested.
- 3+ years production coordinator experience showing career progression, on CG animated productions.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management and with diverse personalities and work styles.
- Previous experience in working with external vendors or overseas studios a must.
- Strong organizational, project management and leadership skills.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong computer skills including MS word, Excel, Outlook, and Project Management software.
- Ability to learn proprietary tracking software required.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines. Ability to work in a start-up environment that has a certain degree of ambiguity.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Maya a plus.
- Ability to anticipate needs of the various departments and any potential upcoming issues come up with solutions on how to solve or approach these.
- Ability to manage a creative process as well as creative people.
- Must be a creative thinker.
- Bachelor’s Degree in film, art, theatre, communications or related field preferred.
Company Overview Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.