Production Coordinator (Project Hire)
Lucasfilm Animation and creators of the Emmy award winning animation series “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” and the highly successful animation series “Star Wars: Rebels” are looking for a versatile Production Coordinator to join their production team.
Working closely with the Production Manager & the Digital Asset Supervisor, the assets Production Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the day to day running of the internal and external Asset Department. This role is also the production point of contact with external vendors and internal departments regarding any asset related concerns. Responsibilities
- Create and manages Digital Asset Supervisor’s daily task list.
- Create and manages Assets ATD schedule according to established deadlines.
- Track the progress of the overseas Proxy Build to ensure the assets are completed and delivered according to established deadlines.
- Deliver approved proxys to Assets ATD for Story setup.
- Track the progress of the internal story rig build to ensure the story rigs are completed and delivered to the episodic Story team according to established deadlines.
- Works closely with the Story ATD to ensure each episode is using the proper assets.
- Coordinate with Assets ATD and Digital Asset Supervisor to ensure all proxy modification requests are addressed and delivered to the Story department in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with internal supervisors and production staff to ensure all asset modification requests are addressed and delivered to the proper external studio.
- Attend Asset Dailies. Generate and deliver notes to overseas vendors.
- Attend Episodic Asset kickoff meetings and weekly Asset meetings with external vendors. Generate and distribute notes accordingly.
- Attend all Story set up and asset related meetings and distribute meeting notes accordingly.
- Maintain Asset Progress Tracking documents and department milestones in the Milestones doc.
- Deliver Weekly Tracking Reports to internal departments.
- Responsible for Final Publish deliveries to external vendors. Create and maintain episodic Final Publish delivery manifests as needed.
Preferred QualificationsRequired Skills / Competencies:
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated results-oriented and customer-focused mindset, with a passion for the creative process.
- Good analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with individuals with diverse personalities and work styles.
- Capable of working independently and part of a team. High level of initiative, flexibility and confidentiality.
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
Preferred Skills / Competencies:
- Project Management software experience a plus.
- Requires excellent administrative skills with strong working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Bachelor's Degree in film, art, theatre, communications or related field, preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Production, preferably in Animation.
Company Overview Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.