Production Coordinator (Project Hire)
Lucasfilm Animation and creators of the Emmy award winning animation series “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” and the highly successful animation series “Star Wars: Rebels” are looking for a versatile Production Coordinator to join their production team.
The Production Coordinator assists with the coordination of the day-to-day responsibilities associated with their managers, the Supervising Director and the Sr Producer, from pre-production through post production on an animated television series. Responsibilities
- Assist in facilitating established schedules through production planning, coordination and troubleshooting.
- Provide the Sr Producer and Supervising Director with support to enable them to complete their work in a timely manner.
- Support the Sr Producer and Supervising Director by managing their calendars, schedules and adjust meetings to accommodate their priorities, arrange travel and procure/coordinate necessary items needed for international travel, create presentations, and coordinate other key events.
- Arrange, coordinate and confirm all travel arrangements on behalf of the Sr Producer and Supervising Director. This may include coordinating travel for external/production crew as necessary or required. Ensure that all schedules are distributed, appropriate parties are kept up to date, and that all arrangements are within policy and make most efficient use of organization funds.
- Provide scheduling, arrange travel, book conference rooms, plan for catering logistics and place order, and coordinate and assist with other logistics in regards to Writer’s Conferences.
- Prepare, submit and track expense reports for the Sr Producer and Supervising Director, as well as other senior staff members as requested, or assigned.
- Use and update planning systems and 'work in process' tracking systems daily.
- Provide administrative support and back up support to the production team including typing memos, documents and schedules, photocopying, computer data entry and filing.
- Prepare, maintain and distribute artwork, storyboards, reports, etc. as needed to appropriate personnel.
- Prepare routine correspondence and forms, answer phones, package and ship various artwork, samples, etc. as needed.
- Coordinate and set-up meetings including booking conference rooms, set up of A/V technology needs, meals and catering, running errands, and order, inventory, maintain and distribute office supplies appropriately. Coordinate on-site visits including entering into visitor kiosk and escorting.
- Assist with various event planning and coordination.
- Complete special projects as needed or requested.
- Strong organizational, project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse personalities and work styles.
- Capable of working independently and part of a team. High level of initiative, flexibility and confidentiality.
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a start-up environment that has a certain degree of ambiguity.
- Requires excellent administrative skills including word processing, strong working knowledge of Word and Excel. Project Management software experience a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in film, art, theatre, communications or related filed, preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Production, preferably in Animation.
Company Overview Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.