Production Assistant (Project Hire)
Lucasfilm Animation and creators of the Emmy award winning animation series “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” and the highly successful animation series “Star Wars: Rebels” are looking for a versatile Production Coordinator to join their production team.
Working closely with the Production Manager & the Look Development Coordinator, the Look Development Production Assistant is responsible for supporting the day to day tasks of the Internal Design Department. Responsibilities
- Prepare for and follow-up on Design kickoff meetings. Duties include, but are not limited to: design packet creation, printing materials, room set-up and reset, scanning drawings.
- Collect and prepare reference for Pre-Design and Design Kickoff meetings and input notes and reference from the meetings into internal creative/asset tracking system.
- Add both Omit and existing assets into internal creative/asset tracking system.
- Attend all Design Dailies, taking notes and distributing to proper stakeholders, following the meeting, while updating statuses in internal creative/asset tracking system.
- Take and distribute Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) notes and complete necessary SOP work on designs.
- Assist Coordinator with design deliveries.
- Create and maintain design boards.
- Maintain original art filing.
- Maintain character background documents.
- Maintain Design binders.
- Train with Coordinator on Screen Display Process, with eventual goal of assuming responsibility for Screen Display Breakdowns and Linking.
Preferred QualificationsRequired Skills / Competencies:
- Requires excellent administrative skills, including strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Google Docs.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team. High level of initiative, flexibility and confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and follow up/follow through skills required.
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high-pressure, fast paced environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a start-up environment that has a certain degree of ambiguity.
Preferred Education Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in film, art, communications or related filed preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in Production minimum, preferably in Animation.
Company Overview Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.