Principal Counsel - Lucasfilm
This position is responsible for providing legal affairs services primarily in connection with all motion picture production activities of Lucasfilm. The position reports to the head of Lucasfilm’s legal department.
- Negotiate and draft agreements for directors, writers, producers, actors, voice talent, and other production-related deals.
- Resolve production-related issues, including by analyzing guild agreements regarding re-use of footage, advising on minor employment and immigration matters, and ensuring productions comply with applicable laws.
- Provide hands-on guidance and counseling to non-lawyer production staff members both in the U.S. and overseas.
- Must have graduated from a top law school and have a combined minimum of ten years of relevant experience at a reputable law firm and one or more networks/studios handling development and production work for movies. Distribution, television and/or direct to consumer digital media services experience (or knowledge of industry) required.
- Excellent academic credentials and references, solid analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills, and a teamwork-oriented attitude required.
- Must be able to work under pressure with strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills, and possess the ability to interact effectively with people at many different levels, including senior executives, producers, artists, other attorneys, paralegals, contract administrators, and outside production personnel.
- Experience negotiating and drafting a wide-range of development and production agreements, and significant working knowledge of guild agreements. Intellectual property background is a plus.
- Must be able to prioritize heavy workload and matters on tight time schedules according to client needs.
- Law degree from an accredited law school
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Studios, an equal opportunity employer.