Physical Assets Coordinator
Lucasfilm is seeking a motivated, highly organized, and detail-oriented individual to assist in upholding the Lucasfilm physical asset management policies and procedures as well as supporting the efficient running of the Lucasfilm Physical Assets department. Reporting to the Manager, Physical Assets, the Coordinator will perform key administrative duties, coordinate asset shipping, help to manage asset tracking and cataloging, and assist with logistics for promotional partner commercial shoots and other specialty events. Responsibilities
- Coordinates use of Lucasfilm production costumes and props for Lucasfilm, Disney, Licensee and Lucasfilm Partner events, live action and still photography shoots.
- Tracks outgoing loans and prepare documents; ensuring that all props and costume loans are managed according to Lucasfilm policies and procedures.
- Assists with the intake and storage of feature film assets, following proper storage procedures.
- Fulfills research queries and material requests for internal departments, as required.
- Creates expense reports on behalf of department, as needed.
- Facilitates purchasing of departmental supplies and archival supplies, as needed.
- Assists with booking travel and managing itinerary schedules for department members, as required.
- Support promotional partner commercial shoots and events, as requested, ensuring that all physical assets are cared for and retained according to company policy.
- Minimum three years’ experience coordinating the use of live action physical production assets.
- Expertise in stage or wardrobe coordination in live production, television and photo shoots preferred.
- High level of integrity in handling proprietary and confidential information; promotes confidence with other employees in handling of sensitive data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to work calmly, professionally, and collaboratively, under pressure, and with a variety of personalities, including the Lucasfilm team, Disney teams, production companies, performers, and members of the Star Wars fan community.
- Ability to prioritize multiple, changing projects in a dynamic, sometimes high-pressure environment.
- Self-starter, with a can-do, solution oriented mindset.
- Must have a valid passport and driver’s license and be willing to travel.
- Knowledge of archival practices and physical object handling preferred.
- Experience with Zendesk and other customer management software preferred.
- Experience with travel, hotel, and itinerary coordination.
- Knowledge of Star Wars costumes, characters, creatures, and vehicles useful, but not required.
Company Overview Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.