HR Business Partner
We have an exciting opportunity for an HR Business Partner (HRBP) who sits at the intersection of Human Resources and our Business Leaders. They are responsible for shaping the employee experience, ensuring the company’s talent grows in meaningful ways, and enables business leaders and HR to reach their highest potential. This position will report to the Manager, HRBP and support clients within the Lucasfilm, Lucasfilm Animation, and ILMxLAB groups. ResponsibilitiesThe HR Business Partner will help to deliver HR programs and solutions in support of both short-term
and long-term business goals. They will partner with the HRBP leadership to drive strategic initiatives
of the assigned client group.
- Develops, maintains, and demonstrates a working knowledge of the business and takes a consultative approach with clients, anticipating, assessing, and providing creative HR solutions to business priorities.
- Provides consultation to clients by partnering on moderately complex HR processes, procedures, precedents, and initiatives engaging appropriate centers of excellence (COE) partners as required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Influences clients to take a near and long-term view on engaging in key talent processes including talent review, succession planning, leadership development, and talent assessment.
- Partners with clients and Recruitment to create clear and compelling job descriptions which accurately capture the scope of responsibilities and skills and experience required in order to attract and retain key talent.
- Partners with management as knowledgeable advisor on effective headcount/resource management and engaging recruitment to ensure talent acquisition is effectively managed, when required.
- Coaches management and employees and consults on organizational design, change management, and culture.
- Works closely with Manager, HRBP, managers, and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Partners with Manager, HRBP to implement and monitor the success of key Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
- Acts as onsite HR liaison/ambassador between employees and their respective HRBP teams for all those who work on the Letterman Digital Arts Center (LDAC) campus and report up through other segments (DCPI, Corporate, etc.).
- Creates presentations, org charts, and reports, for Head of HR and Manager, HRBP, as requested.
- Supports the integrated salary planning process by effectively working with management and Compensation to ensure timely and accurate planning and execution.
- Partners with Learning Development team to co-facilitate key employee learning opportunities, as needed.
- In partnership with Employee Relations (ER) COE, conducts ER investigations, prepares documentation, and coaches employees, as required.
- Partners with clients and HR Operations team on Leave of Absence and work accommodation requests.
- Participates as an active member of the HR community, building relationships across the HR team and supporting other HR initiatives and projects as required.
- Partners with clients and HR Operations team on immigration and Global Mobility cases.
- Assists with employee communications (both through design and providing input), as required.
- Participates in special projects at both the HRBP team and client level.
- Minimum of 4+ years human resources generalist experience in progressively responsible roles supporting a diversity of functional groups including executive level employees.
- Strong business acumen with a keen aptitude to quickly assimilate new information.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with all organizational levels in a multicultural environment and build strong, trusted relationships.
- Excellent consulting and conflict management skills.
- Experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without-authority” role.
- Experience, exposure, and comfort with a variety of HR facets including organization development, employee relations, talent acquisition, learning & development, and compensation.
- Ability to function independently, with minimal supervision, and thrive within a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrated experience working as a trusted advisor.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong use of independent judgment to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation.
- Advanced level skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. Experience with Google products (Gmail, Calendar, Sheets, Forms) a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to quickly interpret data, identify trends, and recommend multiple solutions.
- Strong organizational, motivational, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities with grace and efficiency.
- Strong team player and ability to function in a matrixed co-leadership environment.
- Working knowledge and application of federal and state employment laws.
- Experience directly supporting clients in an HRBP capacity.
- Experience supporting Media or Production environments.
- SAP experience.
- Project management experience.
- Experience working in a large, corporate, matrixed environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or combination equivalent work experience.
Company Overview Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.