Director, Episodic (Project Hire)
Lucasfilm Animation and creators of the Emmy award winning animation series “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” and the highly successful animation series “Star Wars: Rebels” are looking for a versatile Production Coordinator to join their production team.
The Episodic Director's main role is to work closely with all levels of creative production in tandem with the Supervising Director, in order to bring the script to life on our animated television series. The ideal candidate is expected to balance managing all the various aspects of production, while successfully maintaining the highest quality of technical and creative storytelling possible for their respective episodes. Responsibilities
- Effectively managing a team of 2D/3D Story artists in the creation of each animatic. The ability to successfully communicate verbally and visually thru sketches what the specific needs of the story are.
- Interpreting the script visually. The ability to organize and break it down into particular scenes, planning out shots and specific actions within determined locations and settings
- Collaborating with Editorial. The ability to help craft and build the episode with the editors requires a strong sense of timing and knowledge of film.
- Ensuring that each of their episodes are completed on time and successfully meet the quality standards of the Supervising Director.
Preferred QualificationsRequired Skills / Competencies:
- Must be a demonstrated natural story-teller with strong visual sensibilities.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of production crew, artistic staff and management.
- Prior experience in both 2D and 3D storyboarding is highly recommended.
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- Exceptional working knowledge of animation and post-production techniques and terminology.
- Strong organizational, project management and leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Bachelor's Degree in animation, film, art or related field.
- 10+ years of industry experience, preferably in animation; Prior directorial experience required.
Company Overview Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.