VP, Platforms, Marvel Digital Media
The role oversees the platform vision and execution for Marvel, establishing our company as a leader in digital entertainment. This leader of product and technology sits within content and works closely with engineering and sales, this role is deeply integrated in all aspects of the business and leads strategy for bringing Marvel’s unique storytelling to life in new ecosystems.
This position will report to the VP, Head of Platforms & Content/New Media, Marvel Entertainment.
- Develop product vision: translate customer requirements and business goals into technical strategy and roadmap.
- Lead/manage a team of product managers, designers, and software engineers to create best-in-class, consumer facing digital experiences and platforms for Marvel
- Direct efforts to design, prioritize, and build market-leading, high performance and highly innovative digital platforms
- Work with executive team: Secure alignment on roadmap with vocal and engaged participation in product strategy development and a rich understanding of the consumer digital world.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Sales, Editorial, to define product and integration strategies
- Anticipate and incorporate business needs with technological trends and requirements in the market
- Stay abreast of industry trends and competitive challenges and identify and recommend emerging technologies
- Develop and continuously update underlying processes and systems to ensure that the platform is scalable for rapid growth and cross channel integration
- Build a sustainable development team that can support the business 24/7
- Determine key business performance metrics, develop reporting, and review results
- Accountable for site operations and usability: website navigation, functionality, maintenance, design, usability
- Collaborate closely with partner technology teams including enterprise architecture, infrastructure, data governance, and cybersecurity.
- Help drive new business and strategic growth in partnership with business development
- Minimum 8-10 years’ in leadership roles defining product and consumer experience requirements and drive technical teams to develop against defined specifications
- Dynamic leadership skills and the ability to influence and lead in driving change in the organization as well as the ability to delegate to direct reports appropriately
- Deep experience demonstrating strong quantitative, technical and analytical skills
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communications, effective interpersonal skills, project management, and strong formal presentation abilities
- Product management experience with emphasis on consumer-facing mobile sites/apps and applications across multi-platform devices, such as desktop, iOS and Android
- Strong people manager that can lead and navigate change management
- Attract and retain key digital talent
Experience in Television/Broadcast, Media, Technology, or related field Company Overview Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity Marvel Digital Media Group LLC.