Strategy & Business Development MBA Associate, Disney Theatrical Group
Disney Theatrical Group operates under the direction of Thomas Schumacher and is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, bringing live entertainment events to a global annual audience of more than 19 million people in more than 50 countries. Under the Disney Theatrical banner, the group produces and licenses Broadway musicals around the world, delivers live shows globally through its license to Feld Entertainment, and licenses musical titles for local, school and community theatre productions through Music Theatre International.
Be a part of something big…
The Strategy & Business Development department is comprised of generalists who serve as business advisors to all departments across the organization, focused primarily on forward-looking, long-term decisions that are often ambiguous and not yet well-defined. The group also spearheads explorations into new business lines and adjacencies, working collaboratively with other parts of The Walt Disney Company. This assignment will provide the MBA student with an excellent opportunity to hone their analytical and business problem-solving abilities in a dynamic setting.
ResponsibilitiesMake an impact by…
- Assisting the Strategy & Business Development team with ongoing project work in support of DTG business units surrounding revenue and/or expense optimization, and evaluating the economic opportunity of contemplated productions or business ventures
- Exploring brand and business extensions to drive new sources of revenue for DTG, drawing from existing research and supplementing with additional data to drive to actionable recommendations
- Performing research through various sources (journals, databases, industry reports, info from other divisions of Disney, etc.) and preparing reports to inform senior leaders on global live entertainment trends and innovations, focusing particularly on worldwide markets with nascent/fast-growing live entertainment markets
Basic QualificationsYou bring…
- Proven interest in media & entertainment; specific interest/experience in theatre is a plus
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong Excel (quantitative analysis/modeling) and presentation making skills (PowerPoint, Keynote, Prezi)
Preferred QualificationsEven better…
- Pre-MBA work experience ideally in roles involving cross-departmental projects and multiple stakeholder-management
- Completion of 1st year of a current MBA program at the start of the internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability from May/June through August/September
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work. Position is in New York, NY.
- Must be enrolled in an MBA program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer