Publishing Operations Coordinator
The role’s main responsibility is to support the Publishing Operations and Finance teams. This position will focus on reviewing Publishing costs, with an emphasis on managing and maintaining support documents. Some of the key aspects include; identifying trends and issues of COGS, ensuring accuracy of major cost drivers on a monthly basis, and preparing inventory documents. The ideal candidate will be able to work and communicate across multiple departments, including Publishing Operations, Finance, and Accounting.
- Work with Operations team to analyze and forecast major cost drivers
- Quantify impact from changes in material costs – Print, Paper, and Binding
- Run Profit & Loss statements for books going to press
- Review and reconcile all costs against Accounting’s recognition
- Perform Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) variance and trend analysis
- Analyze and prepare third party royalty statements
- Perform vendor pricing audits to ensure costs used in P&L calculations are updated and accurate
- Organize inventory review documents for Sales and Finance review
- Maintain monthly revenue rollups for Custom Publishing and Advertising Sales businesses
- Prepare biannual monthly circulation audit
- Complete ad-hoc tasks and analysis requested by Publishing Management, Operations, and Editorial
- Excellent Excel skills are required
- Experience with Oracle is a plus
- Knowledge of all other Microsoft Office suites is preferred.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work on multiple tasks, as necessary.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
Bachelor’s degree required
Company Overview Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.