Motion Graphics Artist
Marvel New Media is seeking a Motion Graphics Artist who will be responsible for the creation of designs and animation. This New York based position provides creative support for daily production, series and live events, and contributes to department-wide projects. This position requires an individual who excels at executing a design from concept to final product. The ideal candidate will have the ability to offer creative solutions, elevate their creativity and software skills, and actively communicate on all phases of a project to maintain quality. The Motion Graphics Artist will be expected to define standards for design and motion graphics quality and creativity for Marvel's content.
- Utilize After Effects, Cinema4D, Photoshop and Illustrator to create visually engaging designs and animations for Marvel
- Create unique series logos and graphics packages while strictly following brand guidelines
- Collaborate with internal, brand design teams and external vendors
- Develop platform and device specific designs while maintaining overall consistency
- Utilize new software to enhance individual and department knowledge
- Serve as quality control for design team and enforce Marvel style guide
- Adhere to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and project recovery
- Maintain efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests
- Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and able to effectively prioritize multiple assignments
- Possess strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well
- Display keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar
- 3-5 years of hands-on design, graphics, animation, or motion graphics experience with Adobe, Cinema4D
- Passion for the Marvel brand and a desire to create visually appealing imagery to enhance its content.
- Proficient problem solving and troubleshooting techniques and effective communication to best convey the issues necessary for resolution
- Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and manage simultaneous projects
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.