Marketing Assistant (Disney Theatrical Group - New York)
Disney Theatrical Production (DTP) operates under the direction of Thomas Schumacher and is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, bringing live entertainment events to a global annual audience of more than 19 million people in more than 50 countries. Under the Disney Theatrical Productions banner, the group produces and licenses Broadway productions around the world, including Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Elton John & Tim Rice’s Aida, TARZAN®, Mary Poppins, a co-production with Cameron Mackintosh, The Little Mermaid, Peter and the Starcatcher, Newsies, and Aladdin. Frozen, based on the Academy Award®-winning film, will open on Broadway in 2018. Other successful stage musical ventures have included the Olivier-nominated London hit Shakespeare in Love, stage productions of Disney’s High School Musical, Der Glöckner Von Notre Dame in Berlin, and King David in concert. DTP has collaborated with the country’s leading regional theatres to develop new stage titles including The Jungle Book, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Freaky Friday.
Disney Theatrical Productions also delivers live shows globally through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Disney Live! For over 30 years, Disney on Ice and Disney Live! have brought beloved Disney stories and characters annually to over 12 million guests in nearly 50 countries worldwide, through productions such as Marvel Universe Live! and Frozen, the most well attended and highest grossing Disney on Ice production to date. In addition, DTP licenses musical titles for local, school and community theatre productions through Music Theatre International, including The Lion King Experience, a unique holistic arts education program wherein accredited elementary and middle schools produce condensed, age-appropriate JR. and KIDS adaptations of The Lion King.
The Marketing Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and project support to the VP, Marketing and Directors, Marketing. This position will also serve as the administration hub of the marketing team assisting with all aspects of day-to-day management required for successfully operation of the team.
- Prioritize and manage multiple Outlook calendars including meeting scheduling and prioritizing changes to schedule in real-time as the day requires.
- Book and facilitate meetings, including communicating with participants with time, location, attendees, agenda. Book room, teleconference and/or videoconference as necessary, often across multiple locations and/or time zones.
- Answer phone calls promptly and cordially; act as “the voice” of the marketing department.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements via Corporate Travel. Provide complete and accurate itineraries.
- Prepare expense reports in SAP (for VP plus five direct reports) and ensure corporate credit card payments are processed on a monthly basis. Build skills to become an expert SAP user.
- Maintain order and organization to department, including large volume of electronic filing.
- Serve as the “administrative hub” of the marketing department, which includes meeting notes, meeting materials, billing, supplies, etc.
- As needed, track project status and manage stakeholder review through to completion.
- Passion for live entertainment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; high attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to juggle many tasks at one time.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Keynote, Powerpoint)
- Positive can-do attitude with problem solving approach to daily tasks and willingness to pitch in wherever needed.
- Ability to work overtime on occasion.
- 2+ years of professional experience
- BA or equivalent degree in Marketing preferred
This position is with BV Theatrical Group Ltd., an equal opportunity employer Additional InformationKeyword: #DisneyCreativeSupport