Director, Production Accounting & Analysis
The position is accountable for leading the Production Accounting team, managing financial and accounting policies, systems and processes, tax and regulatory requirements, controls, risk management and audit. This position reports to the Business Unit’s VP Finance, Operations & Technology and coordinates with Studio Planning and Controllership.
- Works closely with production teams to manage spend and tracking for New Production EFC’s and on ongoing production costs.
- Financial Performance – Tracks operating results of existing lines of business (profit centers) by various metrics (operating income, balance sheet, cash flow, return on investment, economic profit) to ensure results are timely and accurate.
- Reviews financial terms of contracts including talent deals and ensures proper accounting treatment including royalty calculation and payments, revenue and expense recognition and partner compliance with key financial terms.
- Coordinates with Director of Finance on quarterly forecasts and annual operation plans to ensure accounting is aligned to planning.
- Partner with Controllership team to ensure accurate and timely quarterly and year end close.
- Partners with Controllership to regularly review and assess risk of key balance sheet accounts including accounts receivable and production asset values. Advise and coordinate efforts on partner A/R balances/ageing and highlight any potential risks.
- Create audit plan and initiate audits of key business partners. Review and communicate audit findings.
- Work with Corporate Risk Management teams and DTG production teams to assess insurance needs and reduce risk.
- Review and ensure compliance to company policies. Review internal financial process to improve efficiencies.
- Coordinate with regional and corporate tax specialists to ensure proper and most favorable tax treatment for VAT and sales tax. Coordinate efforts with municipal authorities for production tax rebates.
- Motivate, guide and develop Production Accounting team.
- 7+ years of progressive accounting and management experience.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, complex projects and meet deadlines.
- World-class analytics, problem-solving, data and technical capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with great influencing, partnering, and collaboration abilities.
- Experience managing of processes and projects that involve collaborating with teams across the organization.
- A passion for problem-solving and intellectual curiosity. Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills with proven accomplishments, e.g., ability to develop and understand complex financial analyses.
- Extensive Excel and PowerPoint capabilities.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills, able to develop compelling and credible arguments, ability to tailor messages for the audience, articulate and clear.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse team, including the coaching and development of direct reports.
- Bachelor's Degree
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Studios, an equal opportunity employer.