Assistant Editor, New Media
Marvel New Media is seeking an Assistant Editor who will collect, organize, create and quality check assets needed to complete and deliver a project. The Assistant Editor will perform a variety of tasks that help streamline the post pipeline and maximize productivity including light editing and graphic creation. They must be able to manage multiple projects at various stages of production simultaneously. Organizational and collaborative skills as well as an ability to prioritize are a must.
- Ensure all media is being handled properly and best standards and practices are being met
- Ingest footage onto shared storage, making sure all video, audio and photo files have transferred completely and safely
- Transcode footage as needed
- Log media and tag with metadata
- Check for errors or inconsistencies with the footage
- Sync video between multiple cameras and with audio files
- Organize and clearly label assets within a project so that an editor can work efficiently
- Set up work stations for editorial staff, making sure projects are running properly and are conformed, ready to be edited
- Create captions when necessary
- Quality check content before both delivery and archive
- Create and manage deliverables necessary for upload and archive, including creating music cue sheets and thumbnails.
- Archive projects properly, ensuring all assets are properly named for future retrieval
- Make selects or create rough edits for a project
- Work in an efficient and organized manner, ensuring all assets are clearly labeled and kept in their appropriate folders
- Maintain and follow best practices for version control, naming convention and file organization
- Understand and adhere to post-production processes and guidelines
- At least 1 year of prior post-production experience
- Intensely organized and detail oriented
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere, Prelude and Media Encoder
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.