UX Design Lead
As a User Experience (UX) Design Lead, you will help define and drive the future of The Walt Disney Studios's enterprise design. You identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You possess a clear understanding of the UX vision and work to implement and align that vision within multiple projects.
In this role, you will apply your skills & passion to guide research and design processes, mentor talented members of your team, and collaborate with other UX Leads, Products Owners and Engineering teams to create innovative experiences across multiple Studio’s products.
You are a great systems-level design thinker and visionary – with an outstanding intuition – who will provide leadership and direction for a team of designers. You have a sense for clean design and are committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows. You also take time to understand performance side of design, and also the business aspects of the products.
- Lead participatory design/user testing activities, as well as behavioral contextual research across projects.
- Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience (based on user research).
- Build strong relationships and operating rhythms with Product Owners, Business Analysts and Stakeholders to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive and well-informed.
- Work alongside Interaction Designers on the creation of interaction models, information and navigation schemes, user flows, customer journey maps, etc.
- Implement UX Vision within the project, while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence.
- Advocate users in a fast-paced, corporate climate.
- Support multiple projects in parallel; organize and manage assignments in a dynamic, diverse environment while meeting tight deadlines.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience, including experience with the entire UX process and how to successfully integrate UX and design practices into product teams.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Experience working collaboratively with other product managers and engineers in a variety of settings and strong communication skills with the ability to articulate positions and advocate designs.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods and strategy outputs, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation, analytical and collaboration skills
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Studios, an equal opportunity employer.