Title Artist - DAILY
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
Disney Digital Services Title Graphics offers creative motion graphics and typography for original title creation on feature films, home video, TV and trailers, as well as international localization of domestic title work. Our team of versatile artist’s works in graphic design, CGI, and compositing have years of experience in visual effects and animation.
Summary of the Role
Title Artists engage in the preparing, laying out, drawing and painting of main titles, inserts, trailers, narrative titles and screen advertising. This position will be responsible for creating motion graphics for a variety of different format outputs. The artist must be proficient in 3D software programs as well as Adobe Creative Cloud. They must be up-to-date with current graphic design trends while continually building their tool set. Responsibilities
- Generate motion graphic using 3D animation generalist skills and a variety of 2D imaging software
- Design and create graphics and animations while maintaining Disney’s overall brand and image
- Work with creative teams to understand project scope and objectives
- Perform Quality Assurance tasks which include checking proofs/checkers as well as verifying fidelity of incoming and outgoing rendered files
- Ensure compliance with company security guidelines, department standards and workflows, deadlines, and design standards
- Become process owner of new workflows and document SOPs
- Expertise in one or more 3D software programs (Maya, Cinema 4D, 3D StudioMax and others)
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud (minimum requirements - Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator)
- Keen eye for detail, especially typography.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Able to work on multiple deadlines at once.
- Must be able to work well within a small team and take direction while working independently
- Must be well versed in an array of motion graphics skillsets and tools to create a variety of design styles
- Ability to recognize visual issues as well as execute changes rapidly
- An understanding of 3D stereo workflow
- Ability to adhere to established workflow practices
- This position is covered by the IATSE – Local 800. If not currently a member, you will be required to join the Art Directors Guild after the first 30 days of employment.
- 2+ years of experience working as a graphics artist at a motion graphics studio, advertising agency, or titles vendor
Additional InformationThis position is with Walt Disney Pictures, an equal opportunity employer