Sr Systems Engineer (Marvel)
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe, multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
As part of the Marvel Studios Technology team you’ll be joining a group of seasoned, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic environment.
We’re looking for passionate engineers who love Windows and Linux as well as contributing to open source projects. You should have prior experience with the film production pipeline and associated systems, be intimately familiar with large scale data center infrastructure as well as cloud environments, and as comfortable in the shell as you are in an IDE. Lean, agile, self-sufficient teams is how we operate – constantly balancing the urgent needs of our Productions today with lights out solutions for tomorrow. We value a well-engineered approach where we develop infrastructure-as-code with automation doing most of the work.
Your passion for engineering systems is visible to your team, stakeholders and in everything you and your team delivers. You take engineering for the business seriously, and that will help you make decisions that drive value every day. You are:
- A master problem solver. You take deep pride in your work and view each new problem as an opportunity for success; you approach challenges creatively, but methodically.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. You face change with a cool head and persevere even if you don’t have all the details; you’re comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate.
- Technically astute. You rapidly learn new skills, grasping complicated technical information that often leaves others lost whether it’s product, industry, or hard tech knowledge, you absorb it quickly and are ready for more.
- Goal oriented. You develop and actualize vision, mission, and strategy into a cohesive outcome through capable team management, tactical execution, and unrelenting focus on daily progress; you connect business and technology strategies to the software you deliver and can easily articulate the value created.
- Define, create, architect and build high-quality systems
- Collaborate with other engineers and cross-functional teams
- Identify & evangelize new technologies, patterns, solutions, and best practices
- Contribute new ideas to a larger community of high-caliber engineers
- Create Sself-healing infrastructure-as-code, and automate everything
- Ensure Ssecurity best practice is at the forefront is embedded in our DNAof all your design
- Experience working in media production environments
- Smart, self-driven with a keen focus on and track record of exceptional delivery of innovative solutions
- Strong knowledge in system management languages (e.g. Chef, Terraform, Ansible)
- Operating systems and systems management (e.g. Windows Server, Microsoft Operations Management Suite, MS SCOM, SCCM, Linux, OSX)
- Windows server clustering, and high availability
- Multiple scripting languages in your toolbox (e.g. Python, GO, PERL, or Swift)
- Authentication toolsets such as Active Directory, Group Policy Object
- Exchange, Exchange Online, Office365 management and administration
- Local and Networked File Systems (e.g. SMB, SMBv3, NFS, CIFS)
- Client operation systems and configuration management tools
- Server and client backup technologies, and image management
- Virtual hosting technologies (e.g. Hyper-V, VMWare, KVM)
- Data center, network, and application architectures
- High performance data storage solutions whether SAN, NAS, or Clustered (e.g. Isilon)
- Systems Security (e.g. key management, encryption, vulnerability management)
- Emerging containerization (e.g. Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Strong experience in developing monitoring, measurements, and tuning systems for optimal performance and 24/7 reliability
- Skilled in Cloud/PaaS Environments (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Compute)
- Thorough knowledge of continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Passionate about ways to exploit technology and constantly learning
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of experience or equivalent
Marvel is an entertainment brand defined the stories and successes of our more than 8,000 incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. Based at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, Marvel Studios is one of the most successful movie studios in the world, today. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises, led by President Kevin Feige, is a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with vision as far-reaching as our stories.
Additional InformationThis position is with Walt Disney Pictures