Sr Systems Engineer - ANIM
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ world-class filmmakers, artists and technical wizards collaborate to create the magic of animation. Bring your unique talents, passion and ideas to our team and prepare to play in a creative, artist-friendly environment.
We are adding one more talented engineer to our Technology team. In this role, you will partner with artists, production leadership, technical directors, other systems and software engineers, and technology leadership on the design and implementation of foundational infrastructure services motivated by the needs of film production at Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The ideal candidate will enjoy the diversity and challenges of working at various levels in the foundational platform stack, from defining storage architectures, providing service orchestration and measuring data performance, to developing service level APIs and intuitive user interfaces. All projects have in common the pursuit of simple and performant solutions to complex problems using Agile and DevOps methodologies as part of high-energy, proficient teams.
The engineer filling this role should welcome being assigned to a variety of projects depending on studio needs. Example assignments could include: investigation and implementation of high performance storage solutions; design of configuration management and build automation processes; continuous integration and deployment; development of containerization and service orchestration solutions; cloud services integration; and data monitoring, measurement and analytics.
Systems engineers are highly supportive of each other, expected to demonstrate self-direction when needed, and learn through experiencing both success and failure. You must be comfortable supporting your team by bringing fresh insight for shared problem solving. Also critical to success in this role is the ability to build trusted relationships with technical and non-technical users to understand their needs and pain points intimately, and deliver relevant solutions. Basic Qualifications
- Five or more years of systems engineering experience in a professional environment
- Demonstrated expertise in Linux systems engineering (Windows experience also useful)
- Object-oriented development experience in Python (C++ also useful)
- Strong knowledge of configuration management, build automation, and provisioning
- Experience with a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP networks and related technologies
- In-depth knowledge of NAS and Object Storage architectures
- Working knowledge of relational and nonrelational databases
- Solid communication, team working, and problem solving skills, with a desire to continue to grow in these areas
- Must be an effective listener who engages with stakeholders to understand their requirements and infer practical solutions
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field; or comparable industry experience
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, stretching from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013’s Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. At Walt Disney Animation Studios’ top filmmakers, artists and technical wizards collaborate to create the magic of animation. Bring your unique talents, passion and ideas to our team and prepare to play in a creative, artist-friendly environment.
We welcome your comments and questions about this Sr Systems Engineer - ANIM opportunity at Disney.