Sr Software Engineer
The Walt Disney Studios is comprised of large team of creative professionals who produce and acquire live-action and animated motion pictures, direct-to-video content, musical recordings and live stage plays that tell memorable, life changing stories. Few media and entertainment companies can rival the brands we have the honor of bringing to the world.
As part of the Studio’s Technology team you’ll be joining a group of passionate, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry.
We are looking for high-performing, motivated individuals who are generalists and proficient in many technologies and languages. Our team embraces disruptive thinkers who can drive software innovation.
ResponsibilitiesYou will be instrumental in building scalable, extensible and easily maintainable solutions in support of Studio initiatives. We build and operate everything from the technology engine that keeps the Studio running to consumer applications that touch millions of people.
- Define, architect and build high-quality software solutions
- Collaborate with other software engineers and cross-functional teams
- Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices
- Contribute new ideas to a larger community of high-caliber professionals
- Balance resources, requirements, and complexity
- Have a track record of delivering successful, innovative solutions
- Expertise in the Java ecosystem including many of the following: [AngularJS, REST, Spring, JPA]
- Interested in technologies such as Haskell, Scala, etc.
- Experience in Agile software development
- Smart, self-driven with a keen focus on and track record of exceptional delivery of enterprise class solutions
- Passionate about technology and the possibilities that it opens up for users of our systems
- Forever student – someone who loves always learning
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable with a DevOps culture including Continuous Delivery, deployments in the cloud, fully automated
- Familiarity with entertainment industry is a plus
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of experience
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Studios, an equal opportunity employer