Sr Product Designer
Movies Anywhere is the next generation of in-home entertainment, providing an unparalleled digital entertainment experience. Leveraging cutting edge technology, unique partnerships, and a talented team, Movies Anywhere is an exclusive, cross-platform, cloud-based movie service that enables consumers to seamlessly discover, grow, access, and enjoy their personal digital movie collection across a variety of studios, retailers, and platforms all in one convenient app and/or website.
Movies Anywhere is looking for an experienced Product Designer to create new features and improve existing ones across native mobile, web and 10-foot (TV) platforms. This role will be instrumental in helping us conceive, define and execute the UX and pixel-perfect visual design of our features and products. As a Product Designer, you will be involved in the entire lifecycle-- from initial ideas all the way through to production. You will collaborate closely with other Product Designers, Product Development, Marketing and Engineering to create the best possible experience for our users.
- Take a lead role in defining the user experience for a complex native mobile, web, and 10-foot product
- Partner collaboratively with stakeholders across the organization to deliver end-to-end product design (ideation > UX > visual design > prototyping > testing > production)
- Design iteratively. Capture feedback from stakeholders and revise designs accordingly
- Clearly articulate design decisions in individual and group settings
- Research existing and comparable designs and make recommendations based on analyses
- Understand what our users are doing and why through collaboration with our research and analytics teams
- Focus on the big strategic picture while working in the trenches to get the work done
- Create style guides and standards manuals as required
- Produce final production assets
- Obsessively document your work
- 5 years+ of experience designing functional interfaces for native mobile, web and 10-foot preferred.
- A portfolio featuring a range of challenging projects; from product strategy and high-level UX concepts through to visual design. Your portfolio should include strong examples of UX and visual design work for native mobile, web and 10-foot.
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Expert knowledge of the digital design process and how it aligns with technology, product, and marketing goals
- Ability to work within an iterative design process that includes acting quickly on feedback and constructive criticism
- Proven experience rendering product designs based on high-level product strategy and vision
- Self-learning, self-organizing and self-motivating. Not knowing an answer doesn’t slow you down.
- Solid understanding of native mobile, web and 10-foot technologies. Extensive experience in mobile app design (iOS and Android) is required.
- Proven knowledge of information architecture, wireframing and prototyping
- Solid presentation skills
- Experience and examples creating complex consumer-facing mobile applications, websites, or software applications. Comfortable working through high-level visual strategies.
- Superior typography and design sensibilities
- Obsessive attention to detail at the pixel level
- Thorough understanding of brand identity principles and ability to apply brand consistency across multiple platforms
- Experience with Sketch required
- Big plusses:
- Motion graphics / After Effects experience
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Invision, Principle, Atomic & Framer
- Front-end coding (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Illustration skills