Sr. Lead Web App Engineer
Movies Anywhere is the next generation of in-home entertainment, providing an unparalleled digital entertainment experience. Leveraging cutting edge technology, unique partnerships, and a talented team, Movies Anywhere is an exclusive, cross-platform, cloud-based movie service that enables consumers to seamlessly discover, grow, access, and enjoy their personal digital movie collection across a variety of studios, retailers, and platforms all in one convenient app and/or website.
Movies Anywhere seeks a Sr Lead Web App Engineer to join a team of seasoned, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry. We are looking for a self-starting engineer who wants to shape the next generation of video consumption applications. We are a team that values passion, community involvement, and code that stands out. If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you.
ResponsibilitiesThe Sr Lead Web App Engineer will be acting as the tech lead for the client engineering team across multiple platforms for Movies Anywhere. This individual will work on various business applications with different requirements. We expect you to be up to date on the happenings in the web development space, passionate about what you do and connected to the open source community. You will participate in overall system design, come up with web-tailored solutions that emphasize re-use and good design patterns, mentor team members, and help the client engineering manager formulate long term direction for technology and work process.
- Define, architect, and build high-quality software solutions across multiple platforms and with several engineering teams
- Mentor and collaborate with other software engineers and cross-functional teams
- Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices
- Contribute new ideas to a larger community of high-caliber professionals
- Balance resources, requirements, and complexity
- Be very passionate about coding (If you have a Github profile, that’s awesome! Would love to check it out! Otherwise we will ask you to code before or during the interview).
- Be very passionate about architecture and design and aware of the different layers that exist in a system (we will ask you to design a system during the interview).
- Be capable of leveraging data structures and algorithms to solve problems (i.e. Knows CS fundamentals, understands performance/complexity of an algorithm).
- Be A master of:
- Front end MVC frameworks such as AngularJS or React
- CSS (LESS/SASS/Stylus)
- CSS methodologies
- Responsive design and SPA development
- Security and performance of web applications
- Cross browser development
- Unit testing using Karma and Jasmine, or equivalent
- Designing, building, and maintaining an entire system, including the front end and everything necessary to deliver that front end to the browser (NodeJS, Java, PHP, Ruby on Rails, or equivalent)
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Have a proven track record in delivering large scale business application or consumer facing application
- Experience acting as a lead and mentor for other team members and understands the challenges with dealing with a high performance engineering team.
Required Education BS in Computer Science or related field with 7+ years of experience