Movies Anywhere seeks a Software Engineer to join a team of seasoned, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry. We are looking for a self-starting engineer who wants to shape the next generation of video consumption applications. We’re a casual shop that values passion, community involvement and code that stands out. If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you.
You will be working in a small team of multi-disciplined engineering on creating the next generation video consumption platforms. We expect you to be up to date on the happenings in the JVM-based server community, passionate about what you do and connected to the open source community. You will participate in overall system design, come up with web-tailored solutions that emphasize reuse and good design patterns.
- Collaborate and work in an XP environment with other software engineers
- Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices
- Contribute new ideas to a larger community of high-caliber professionals
- Balance resources, requirements, and complexity
- Very passionate about coding and solution oriented (If you have a Github profile, that’s awesome! Would love to check it out! Otherwise we will ask you to code before or during the interview).
- Very passionate about OO design and aware of the different layers that exist in a system (we will ask you to design a system during the interview)
- Capable of leveraging basic Data structures and algorithms to solve problems (i.e. Knows basic CS fundamentals, nothing crazy, just enough to make good decisions).
- Knowledge of:
- Developing REST APIs
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge in:
- Unit tests, Integration & Load testing for APIs
- Maven or Gradle
- ORM (e.g. JPA, Hibernate)
- Using Docker for deployment
- Familiar with Spring Boot
- Familiar with Queuing technology
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
- Worked with Postgres, RDS, or Oracle DB technologies
- Familiar with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with entertainment industry is a plus
- Comfortable with a DevOps culture including Continuous Delivery, deployments in the cloud which are fully automated
- BS in Computer Science with 2+ years of experience
Movies Anywhere is the next generation of in-home entertainment, providing an unparalleled digital entertainment experience. Leveraging cutting edge technology, unique partnerships, and a talented team, Movies Anywhere is an exclusive, cross-platform, cloud-based movie service that enables consumers to seamlessly discover, grow, access, and enjoy their personal digital movie collection across a variety of studios, retailers, and platforms all in one convenient app and/or website.
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Studios, an equal opportunity employer.