Senior Manager, Learning & Development
At The Walt Disney Studios, you’ll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music and live entertainment.
The Walt Disney Studios seeks a Manager/Senior Manager, Learning and Development to join the Human Resources team. This team is a highly visible department that plays an integral part in key talent decisions across the Studio organization.
The Manager/Sr. Manager, Learning and Development serves as a strategic partner for The Walt Disney Studio teams across diverse operational and business support functions. In collaboration with Studio business leaders and Human Resource (HR) partners, this position works to implement and continuously improve learning and talent development strategies that support Studio business objectives and promote an environment where employees can grow and succeed.
The Manager/Sr. Manager will define and implement strategies that support the on-going development of critical business and leadership skills and promote a learning culture. This will be accomplished through a focus on forecasting critical skill requirements, leadership and executive development, professional and career development, program management and talent planning.
This role is also responsible for effective integration and partnership with HR functional Centers of Excellence (COEs), including Learning, Talent Solutions, and Diversity & Inclusion to ensure alignment of talent solutions to overall Disney and Studio priorities. The ideal candidate will have prior experience delivering learning solutions via formal training and development, relationship-based and on-the-job platforms, as well as leveraging workforce analytics to develop and evaluate solutions. The Manager/Sr. Manager will also lead talent management initiatives outside of learning and development as assigned. ResponsibilitiesLearning & Talent Development:
- Leverage workforce analytics to identify talent development strategies and evaluate their impact on business performance.
- Collaborate with WFA, HR partners and business leaders to forecast critical skill gaps and priorities.
- Plan and facilitate cross-functional HR work sessions to identify and align talent development strategies to Studio and Line of Business needs.
- Create an annual learning plan (Learning AOP) for the Studio to support Studio and TWDC planning.
- Consult with HR partners and business leaders to create talent development solutions that address business needs.
- Integrate Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) strategies throughout learning and development activities.
- Lead and project manage the implementation of Studio and TWDC talent development initiatives.
- Develop and/or facilitate regional and Studio-specific learning programs.
- Plan and implement talent management initiatives outside of learning and development, such as employee engagement and succession planning projects, as assigned.
Enterprise and Studio Collaboration:
- Partner with functional counterparts and applicable Centers of Excellence across TWDC to address common learning and talent development priorities.
- Seek partnership opportunities to implement, and continuously improve, learning and talent development tools and processes through Studio and Centers of Excellence work streams.
- Lead and continuously develop a successful L&D team:
- Develop a high performing culture where team members can demonstrate their best abilities
- Encourage diversity of thought and integrate expertise across the team to provide holistic client support
- Develop a successful team, that is positioned as credible, proactive, and trusted thought partners through building relationships and delivering results
- Ensure the ongoing development of staff capabilities and individual talent management
- Promote strong employee engagement
- 5 – 7 years of experience in human resources, organization development, training or related talent planning field
- 3 years of experience in leading and developing staff professionals
- Proven ability to build, integrate, and lead effective and sustainable programs in applicable functional areas
- Ability to develop integrated training solutions from inception to post-delivery assessment.
- Strong facilitation skills applicable across formal and informal (eg, coaching, mentoring) approaches
- Strong consulting and influencing skills; ability to think strategically
- Strong diagnostic, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Demonstrates an effective consultative approach to build awareness or key organizational issues and consensus for relevant solutions; able to guide stakeholders through a shared and collaborative decision making process
- Proven experience leveraging workforce analytics to define, implement and evaluate talent development strategies and practices
- Strong interpersonal and developed presentation skills with a proven ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Ability to focus on critical issues to balance and respond to competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects that cut across multiple business units, teams and HR partners from inception through completion
- Embraces working and operating in a highly collaborative and communicative environment
- Highly innovative and creative in approach to accomplish work
- Ability to manage and thrive within ambiguity
- Demonstrated bias toward action, with a focus on getting things done and making things happen
- Ability to maintain a broad view of the business and deliver solutions that balance individual client and overall Studio needs
- Understands how to lead change within dynamic environments
- Ability to proactively define and execute partnering opportunities with HR and functional (e.g., Finance) partners
- Demonstrated success in synthesizing complex business data and developing innovative and holistic solutions
- Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to effectively work across functions and organization.
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- MBA preferred
Company Overview It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Studios, an equal opportunity employer.