Disney Digital Studio Services has an immediate need for a Projection Engineer who is strongly connected with next generation projection technology and engineering. This position provides engineering support for all post production screening rooms, theatres and review room environments.
The Projection Engineer provides post production support and maintenance activities on the Studio lot, as well as for occasional world-wide screening events, to ensure quality projection, system integrity and calibration of technical systems.
This position is part of a team that:
- Performs routine maintenance procedures on projection related systems and in screening environments
- Coordinates with internal and external support groups and vendors
- Performs repairs, builds, reconfigure, and assesses needs for all projection, control, and presentation systems
- “Live” operational projection related problem-solving required during screenings and post production
- Supports special events, previews, and premiers
This is a union role covered by a collective bargaining agreement. IATSE LOCAL 695
ResponsibilitiesPost Production Facilities Support:
- Works as an embedded engineer to support post production activities in screening and review rooms
- System design, integration, operation, management and support of screening and review rooms
- Work directly and coordinate with clients and the Digital Studio Client Services team for on-lot productions in screening rooms, review rooms, and within the Digital Media Center
- Trouble shoot systems and implement appropriate solutions for equipment and infrastructure in screening and review room environments
- Coordinate with clients for Design/Implementation of custom and show specific requirements
This position will have demonstrated ability and experience in:
- Design, build, trouble-shooting of projection and theater related systems
- Computer operating systems and networking related to projection and theater systems
- Color calibration of projection systems
- Automation and routers within screening and review room environments
- Design Software (CAD/CAM)
- Basic knowledge of digital edit and collaboration systems used for review/presentation (Avid, CineSync, Pix, Tweak RV, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of current and trending projection technology
- Knowledge of DCI Compliance and DCP specifications. Able to load and troubleshoot a DCP in a fast paced, live environment
- Ability to offer professional and technical leadership among the team
Up to date Passport (Domestic/international travel possible)
Current membership in IATSE Sound-Video-Projection – Local 695. If not currently a member, you will be required to join Local within the first 30 days of employment.
Additional InformationCurrent membership in IATSE Sound-Video-Projection – Local 695. If not currently a member, you will be required to join Local within the first 30 days of employment.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, Inc., an equal opportunity employer