The Project Manager reports into the Manager, Program Management. Successful candidates must be highly proactive, detail-oriented, and able to autonomously work on concurrent complex implementations across matrixed teams. They must be capable of clearly communicating schedules, risks, and processes to a variety of business, creative, and technical audiences. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and successfully led multiple technology projects. He/she also should have experience managing the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large-scale platform project teams. Responsibilities
- Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large scale platform projects
- Performs role of scrum master across one or more project teams
- Manage project team consisting of product managers, contractors, vendors, engineers, and business analysts across multiple projects
- Provide clear reporting of project status across all projects via executive dashboards that include: timelines, milestone tracking, budget status, issue identification, resource analysis
- Work with Product development team to understand and manage project requirements, scope, timelines and budget
- Identifies and manages project/program issues and risks and drives decision making and escalations
- Works with delivery teams, Legal and Privacy to ensure products are reviewed for COPPA compliance.
- Identifies and communicates resource constraints and potential priority conflicts to assist the organization in evaluating and reprioritizing deadlines
- Strong contributor to the evolution of the project management capabilities, improve delivery of solutions and leverage project management knowledge across the Studio Technology organization
- Assist in evaluation of application development vendors, as required
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and/or trends in technology for the entertainment industry
- Proven track record in managing, tracking and troubleshooting multiple, high-visibility, large-scale technology projects from definition through implementation, involving cross-functional teams, vendors and partners.
- Self-starter that can autonomously drive multiple work streams inter-departmentally
- Ability to develop program schedules, communicate deadlines, and enforce project milestones
- Proficient in use of project management and documentation tools
- Attention to detail to ensure high quality deliverables
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Meeting facilitation skills.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and working in a matrixed organization
- Ability to move projects forward to completion with collaboration and consensus across multiple stakeholders
- 2 to 5 years of experience as a project manager using an iterative project methodology (Agile, Scrum, etc.) with a demonstrated understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- 4 years of increasing responsibility in project leadership delivering both small and large scale applications preferred
- Management of web, mobile and 10ft product development teams preferred
- Bachelor degree required
- Technical degree is a plus.
- CSM certification is preferred
Movies Anywhere is the next generation of in-home entertainment, providing an unparalleled digital entertainment experience. Leveraging cutting edge technology, unique partnerships, and a talented team, Movies Anywhere is an exclusive, cross-platform, cloud-based movie service that enables consumers to seamlessly discover, grow, access, and enjoy their personal digital movie collection across a variety of studios, retailers, and platforms all in one convenient app and/or website.