Production Data & Analytics Intern, Animation Studios – Summer 2018
At The Walt Disney Studios, you’ll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music and live entertainment.
Be part of something big…
The Production Data and Analytics team is responsible for developing a strategy and vision for cross-functional and complex data analysis projects. This team aggregates data across multiple CG-animated productions and transform it into meaningful insights that inform decision making at both the operational and executive levels.
ResponsibilitiesA day in the life…
- Participating in the building of the next generation of statistical models, metrics, and visualizations for our studio
- Contributing to the building of production tools and visualizations that enable the production management teams to run scenarios and build informed plans for our films
- Assisting in the development of executive dashboards across all departments (HR, Finance, Recruiting, Production, etc.)
- Participating in ad-hoc analysis
Basic QualificationsYou bring…
- Experience analyzing and manipulating large data sets
- Experience using one or more programming languages (Python, Java, C++, etc.)
- Experience in data visualization (D3.js, Tableau, Fusion charts, etc.)
- Good communication skills
Preferred QualificationsAlso a plus…
- Comfortable in a creative environment
- Experience with statistical tools (R, SAS, etc.) and analysis, regression modeling and forecasting.
- Expert Excel skills
- Working towards or recently completed an undergraduate degree in STEM field or Business
Company Overview Program Eligibility
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Available full time for 12 weeks from May/June through August/September
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
- Enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within the last six months at time of application
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer