Principal Software Engineer
Movies Anywhere seeks a Principal Software Engineer to join a team of seasoned, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry. We are looking for a self-starting engineer who wants to shape the next generation of video consumption applications. We’re a casual shop that values passion, community involvement and code that stands out. If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you.
You will be working in a small team of multi-disciplined engineering on creating the next generation video consumption platforms. We expect you to be up to date on the happenings in the JVM-based server community, passionate about what you do and connected to the open source community. You will participate in overall system design and come up with web-tailored solutions that emphasize reuse and good design patterns.
- Analyze requirements and take the lead in driving technical solutions, balancing short-term delivery and long-term functional and technical goals.
- Collaborate with other engineers(Software, QA, DevOps), product and business stakeholders, and domain experts
- Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices
- Contribute new ideas to a larger community of high-caliber professionals
- Pair program, all day, every day and believe in working at a sustainable pace
- Conduct research and analysis, as needed, to report on the software engineering trends throughout the industry - specifically focused on the entertainment industry.
- Interface with various outside entities for work on integration points
- Listen, mentor and build consensus
- Effectively communicate trade-offs and technical decisions
- Balance resources, requirements, and complexity
- Very passionate about coding and solution oriented (If you have a Github profile, that’s awesome! Would love to check it out! Otherwise we will ask you to code before or during the interview).
- Very passionate about OO design and aware of the different layers that exist in a system (we will ask you to design a system during the interview)
- Capable of leveraging basic and complex Data structures and algorithms to solve problems
- Demonstrated mastery of:
- Developing REST APIs
- Unit tests, Integration & Load testing for APIs
- Maven or Gradle
- ORM (e.g. JPA, Hibernate)
- Spring Boot
- Queuing technology
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
- Worked with Postgres, RDS, or Oracle DB technologies
- Using Docker for deployment
- Familiarity with the entertainment industry
- Comfortable with a DevOps culture, including Continuous Delivery and deployments in the cloud which are fully automated
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 15+ years of experience or MS/PhD with 10+ years of experience
Movies Anywhere is the next generation of in-home entertainment, providing an unparalleled digital entertainment experience. Leveraging cutting edge technology, unique partnerships, and a talented team, Movies Anywhere is an exclusive, cross-platform, cloud-based movie service that enables consumers to seamlessly discover, grow, access, and enjoy their personal digital movie collection across a variety of studios, retailers, and platforms all in one convenient app and/or website. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Studios, an equal opportunity employer.