Music Business & Legal Affairs JD Intern, Studio – Summer 2018
At The Walt Disney Studios, you’ll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music and live entertainment.
Motion Picture Production Music Business and Legal Affairs is comprised of music attorneys, paralegals and administrators responsible for music-related business and legal affairs for The Walt Disney Studios. ResponsibilitiesMake an impact by…
- Contributing to all projects that cross the desks of the Primary Mentor and other members of the Music Business and Legal Affairs department
- Assisting members of the Studio Music/Business Legal Affairs Department with creating deal summaries, rights and restrictions memoranda and researching, drafting and revising various legal agreements, licenses and other documents for Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Talking Pictures, Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Theatrical Productions, Disney Character Voices International and other business units under the supervision of the Primary Mentor
- Attending regular music business/legal and music production staff meetings and meeting with the creative/licensing/marketing leaders in the Studio Music Department
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the table…
- Music business experience and/or proven interest in music business or music law
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Classes completed in copyright, entertainment and other intellectual property areas
Preferred QualificationsEven better…
- Coursework in music business or music law
- Prior internship at a record, film or entertainment company or law firm
- Completed second or third year of law school and currently enrolled in a current JD program at the start of the internship
Additional InformationProgram Eligibility
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Available full time (40 hours per week) for 12 weeks from May through August/September
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
- Enrolled in an JD program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer