Manager, Product Development
The Manager, Product Development will develop a productive partnership with business stakeholders at all levels and guide product development toward delivery of integrated, efficient, and intuitive business systems.
The Manager will serve as product owner and must have deep experience designing, developing and deploying state of the art digital products and experiences in support of Theatrical, In-Home, Digital, Television, and/or consumer product lines of business. He or she will bring that experience to bear, as well as build a deep understanding of current and future technologies associated with the Studio businesses they support; they will be seen as an expert by Studio Technology and business partners alike.
He or she will identify current and future business needs and determine how best to meet those needs. This includes working with the business and the technology teams to gather requirements for new solutions, working with UX specialists to define intuitive solutions, understanding business processes, and systems and staying abreast of current trends in the marketplace. Responsibilities
- Lead a Product team that manages multiple business systems for the Walt Disney Studios.
- In close partnership with the business stakeholders, develop the product vision and product roadmap, forecast and manage project costs, and drive product performance against key KPI’s
- Work closely with the User Experience (UX) and Visual Design teams to define and build great guest experiences across multiple platforms.
- Define product features, capture epics, user stories, and tasks using defined processes and tools
- Support senior management and project management to drive change as required based on new business processes and business functions working with Studio business leadership
- Maintain and communicate project status in the domain of responsibility, as required for technology stakeholders and business stakeholders
- Work across the organization and with enterprise architects to ensure successful system integration.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with partners from other segments within the Walt Disney Company, external vendors and other services.
- Develop success KPIs and measure impact of developed solutions against those KPIs.
- Follow defined knowledge management practices as part of story definition and product owner execution activities
- Articulate how new consumer product and experiences align with the reference line of business and studio technology strategies and objectives
- Define and measure KPIs that support project business case(s) and recurring spend
- Deep knowledge of the consumer digital marketplace and proven track record of product releases in the space. Experience in product management across mobile, web and 10 foot (TV) consumer facing experiences
- Experience with digital video products a plus
- 7+ years of Product Management experience
- 5+ yrs of experience using Agile SCRUM methodology
- Certified Agile Product Owner
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal skills and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong partnering skills and ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Proven ability to meet project milestones and customer expectations
- Proven ability and success working in a global environment
- Evidence of continuous growth and increasing responsibilities in previous positions.
- Excellent project management skills, resource and timeline management, risk assessment, contingency planning and ability to work with external contractors and consultants
- Ability to communicate with all levels of organization (End Users - Sr. Executive Level) and team members
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical developers and translate business requirements as required
- Responsive to business needs and highly motivated to improve the skills and capabilities of his/her organization
- A sense of ownership and responsibility for delivery
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies
Required Education Bachelor's degree Computer Science or Business, MBA preferred