Manager, Product Development (PH)
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings. From movie concept to film production, and global premieres to direct to consumer mobile applications, Studio Technology innovates and delivers solutions that support a studio whose content is legendary and transcends generations. As part of the Studio’s Technology team you’ll be joining a group of passionate, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry. We are looking for high-performing, motivated individuals who are generalists and proficient in many technologies and languages. Our team embraces disruptive thinkers who can drive innovation.
- Develop a working knowledge of products and services in the Media and Entertainment industry.
- Develop and maintain requirements documentation and stories around development activities.
- Lead business unit requirements gathering sessions for future-state application planning
- Design future-state process flow diagrams
- Create, Develop and maintain on-going communication plans
- Manage wiki for document storage and revisions.
- Create/Maintain backlog of agile user stories for development activities.
- Have a solid knowledge of agile/scrum environments.
- Have experience leading Sprint activities (standups, sprint planning, sprint scope, release plan, backlog grooming, sprint demos, retrospectives, etc.)
- Lead the development and documentation of system governance practices.
- Have experience in the Digital Asset Management industry.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Be a high performing individual that can deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Accepting of change and driven by innovation.
- Work with QA resources to develop test cases
- Have an understanding of application landscape (UI, application, database, network)
- Provide training for system users
- Have an understanding for documenting and optimizing workflows.
- Be able to identify operational issues and recommend solutions.
- Project management activities
- Communication plan creation/updates (daily)
- Communication plan review (weekly)
- Status reports / emails (weekly)
- Steering committee updates (varies)
- Business unit 1-on-1 updates (varies)
- Issue management (daily)
- Scope and timeline management (daily)
- Sprint activities
- Daily standups
- Sprint planning
- Sprint scope
- Sprint release plan
- Review product backlog
- Sprint demo
- Sprint retrospective
- BU requirements gathering creation / reviews
- Kickoff presentation
- BU deep interview checklist
- Business unit deep dive interviews
- User / User group definition
- Security model definition
- Business metadata requirements
- Asset rules / storage management policies
- UX / UI interviews and requirements
- Deployment plan
- Change Management creation / reviews
- UAT plan
- UAT prep
- UAT scripts
- User training
- Application support training
- Application Security Testing coordination
- Metadata creation / reviews
- Metadata model design
- Taxonomy definition
- Metadata model setup
- Governance creation / reviews
- Data governance process
- System governance process
- Support model
- Design reviews
- User interfaces
- Minimum five years of experience as a product owner on large, complex, integrated systems.
- Five to ten (5-10) years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment.
- Experience with SDLC phases, process and methodologies
- 4 + plus years working in an Agile/scrum environment
- Software applications:
- Must include: Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Confluence, Rally, Adobe Acrobat Pro, OmniGraffe, VISIO, Google Docs
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Information Media, Information Technology, Computer Science, or other technical area.
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
- This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Studios, an equal opportunity employer.