Manager, Product Development (Big Data)
You will be a part of a team dedicated to innovating data-driven business decisions across the studio. You should be comfortable working within cross-functional teams as well as diverse group of business stakeholders and technologists. We expect you to have a deep understanding of software development project management methodologies, to be passionate about technology and the business, to keep up with the latest trends, and to have ownership in your project delivery. Through your product vision for technology and data management, you will help expose new opportunities and risks to your business partners. You will work in service of an overall company initative to reimagine the studio business as an integrated, automated, efficient and effective machine that can scale and flex in line with rapid, technology-driven business dynamics.
- Strategy & Execution. You will partner with business stakeholders to develop a portfolio strategy and roadmap leading to financial approval; forecast and manage project costs in close coordination with finance teams, and drive product performance against key KPI’s.
- Technology & Capability Leadership. You will partner with Solutions Delivery and your stakeholders to deliver value through continuous improvement of their core business analytical capabilities including facilitation, elicitation, and modeling. You will ensure software engineering disciplines toward delivery of high quality solutions that surprise and delight the user community.
- Digital Transformation. You will maintain a deep understanding of the business within Disney and industry-wide in order to propose and defend strategies that support the digital transformation mid- near- and long-term
Your passion for good software is visible to your team, stakeholders and in every product you and your team delivers. You take business automation seriously, and that will help you make decisions that drive value every day. You are:
- A master problem solver. You take deep pride in your work and view each new problem as an opportunity for success; you approach challenges creatively, but methodically, and are biased toward delivering requirements fit quickly and within budget constraints considering all available options.
- A seasoned team player. You have learned from experience and have been a product manager several times; you’ve delivered many business solutions from ideation to production; you’re focused on value and drive the right solution in spite of resistance or obstacles.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. You face change with a cool head and persevere even if you don’t have all the details; you’re comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate.
- Technically astute. You rapidly learn new skills, grasping complicated technical information that often leaves others lost whether its product, industry, or hard tech knowledge, you absorb it quickly and are ready for more.
- Goal oriented. You develop and actualize vision, mission, and strategy into a cohesive outcome through capable team management, tactical execution, and unrelenting focus on daily progress; you connect business and technology strategies to the software you deliver and can easily articulate the value created.
- Proven track record in delivering complex projects using a recognized agile project management methodology (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Visual modelling capability using leading tools to depict solutions to complex problems and ability to oversee same
- Deep understanding of Big Data and analytics reporting, querying and ETL software and tools
- Responsive to business needs and highly motivated to improve the skills and capabilities of his/her organization
- Knowledge of Movie and TV distribution and licensing is a plus but not required.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- 3+ years of product management experience at a software company with big data analytics products or services
- 5+ yrs. of experience using Scrum methodology, leading Scrum teams
- Certified Agile Product Owner a plus
- 3+ years of business analysis experience in the media industry a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar field
- Advance degree a plus
We have created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world. The foundation of this creativity starts with The Walt Disney Studios where we produce, acquire, and distribute live-action and animated motion pictures, video experiences, music, and live performances. Our brands include Marvel, LucasFilm, Pixar, Disney Animation, Disney Nature and Hollywood Records. No other Media & Entertainment company can rival the brands we have the honor of working with every day.
As part of the Studio’s Technology team you’ll be joining a group of seasoned, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry.
We are looking for a self-starting software product leader who is dedicated to shaping the future of movie distribution. We’re a casual shop that values passion, community involvement and exceptional software. If this is you, we want you to join our team.
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Studios, an equal opportunity employer.