Manager, Employee Relations
At The Walt Disney Studios, you’ll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music and live entertainment.
The Manager, Employee Relations is responsible for promoting and enabling a fair and inclusive workplace that safeguards the company’s employment brand by ensuring employee and company interests are handled in a fair and consistent manner. This position supports the ongoing evolution of The Walt Disney Studios’ Employee Relations department by collaborating with HR Business Partners, Labor Relations, Legal Counsel and internal partners to provide advice, coaching, and acting as a proactive consultant to the business. Responsibilities
- Investigations: Conduct timely, thorough, and effective investigations arising under Company policy or specific to FMLA, ADA, CFRA, Title VII, Collective Bargaining Agreements, and other employment laws and regulations. Investigates and/or provides research support in respond to agency claims and labor grievances.
- Company Policy and Practices: Provide advice and counsel to HRBPs, leaders, and employees regarding the interpretation of applicable policies and procedures.
- Performance Management: Support the performance management process by providing consultation, coaching, and preparation of performance documents.
- Training and Education: Partner with Sr. ER Manager to oversee compliance training delivery and accountability with production entities. Improve employee relations acumen by training and educating partners and clients on updates to policies and practices.
- Reporting and Trends: Balance managing individual cases and addressing big picture issues. Determine root cause and develop proactive strategies to effectively reduce activity and sustain results. Analyze employee relation trends, develop recommendations to address issues, and summarize findings to key stakeholders and HR executives.
- Develop Partnerships: Cultivate a strong client oriented service rapport with business leaders, HR Business Partner teams, and other internal partners that is based on a high level of collaboration and inclusion.
- Critical Incident Response: Organize and participate in applicable threat assessment team calls.
- 5+ years’ experience in Human Resources and/or Employee Relations
- Proven ability to conduct investigations; highly skilled in articulating issues and recommendations
- Knowledge of employment law and practices; understanding of Company policies, procedures, state and federal laws, with ability to apply knowledge to multiple situations
- Strong ability to competently consult with key stakeholders; able to influence and effectively resolve conflict; demonstrates good judgment
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information in a manner that inspires confidence and trust; demonstrates discretion
- Excellent written, verbal, and consultative skills; creative and strategic problem solving skills
- Demonstrates high degree of independent initiative and ability to execute against multiple high priority projects through exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Bachelor degree in related field or bachelor degree plus related work experience
Company Overview It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Studios, an equal opportunity employer.