Manager, Creative Content
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
- Managing creative content flow for the Creative Content Team – working across all brands – Disney Live Action, Marvel, Pixar, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Toon Studios, DisneyNature and LucasFilm
- Daily touch base with both Creative Content Director(s) to manage the status of all materials being created
- Managing day –to-day relationship with our Media, Synergy, Creative AV, Online, Distribution, Home Entertainment, International, Publicity, Creative Finishing and National Promotions Teams.
- Includes having weekly touch-base sessions with team members from each of the above departments to make sure we are on target with all creative materials being developed for those groups
- Identifying and working with above teams to repurpose creative materials for various opportunities as a cost saving measure.
- Developing and maintaining Content Planning documents to be shared among Marketing Teams and Executives
- Participate in the planning and organization of Creative Content Days, as well as Movie Surfer, Disney Channel, and Disney XD specialty Marketing shoots.
- Managing the content vetting process through legal, music, filmmakers and talent involved in marketing projects.
- Manage the collection and distribution of raw elements to partners and vendors (title treatments, graphics, music, graphics, behind-the-scenes footage, dailies clips, etc)
- Managing the delivery of final pieces to broadcast outlets per their delivery specifications.
- Managing documents to track tool kit creation and distributing amongst partners. Upon tool kit completion – managing the distribution of finished tool kit site and/or pieces to internal and external partners.
- Managing the archiving of finished materials as both reference as well as shared as full resolution files for broadcast or editorial needs as related to Marketing materials. Working directly with DVS to maintain extensive DDS archive of finished material and oversee distribution of that material to internal and external partners.
- Managing archive of scripts and pitch documents that come from both external and internal partners to keep continually up-to-date
- Interface with internal and external partners at Disney Channel, ABC, Disney XD, etc to collate details on finishing and delivery of Creative Content Materials
- Interface with vendors and agencies to communicate delivery updates as well as creative updates and changes when necessary
- Interface with Creative Finishing Team and vendors to coordinate color correction times for finishing and acquisition of MPAA letters for finished Content pieces
- Participate and contribute to creative content brainstorm sessions
- Produce special projects as needed – Animated Billboards, Disney Store Times Square Sign, Tool Kit IDs, and cut downs of existing creative content.
- Managing the production of internal executive greetings, interviews or other specialty shoots.
- Work with new Director of Short Form Content to help with work flow within the Creative Content Team
- Studio, production company or entertainment marketing experience preferred (2-3 years)
- Experience in pre-production and production sides of the industry. Knowledge of post production process.
- Ability to articulate and communicate strategy behind creative content when interfacing with executives, filmmakers or talent
- Diligent tracking of content distribution to ensure anti-piracy policies are met
- Ability to collaborate with members of multiple divisions in marketing.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects – knowledge of programs to facilitate organization (Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook, Google Documents, Keynote, Power Point, Mac and PC experience)
- Bachelor’s degree
Additional InformationThis position is with ABC, Inc., an equal opportunity employer