Jr Publicist A
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
We are seeking a JR PUBLICIST that will support the In-Home publicity team for Walt Disney Studios and DATG Distribution in Burbank, CA. Note this is a Union role, part of IATSE Local 600 Responsibilities
- Oversee 20 regional agencies servicing the top 35 US markets with responsibilities including:
- Set promotional and publicity directives for targeted outreach efforts across the country
- Strategize implementation of directives across multiple media genres
- Provide press pitches and potential story angles
- Manage regional budgets across all markets
- Work within the theatrical material and in-home online media team to maximize efficiencies of campaigns through to the in-home window – materials, bloggers, social media editorialization, local social efforts etc.
- Oversee the development and approval of in-home specific material:
- Family press kits
- Promotional Items for WOM programs and special events as needed
- Targeted press mailings
- Liaise with digital marketing group to maximize PR efforts:
- Ensure Search Engine marketing key words are built into the overall press releases/materials
- Key PR activities/coverage/events are maximized as part of social media editorial calendars
- Drive the development and implementation of ePR strategies on titles, incl:
- Multimedia press releases
- Blogger targeting and tactics
- Extend campaigns to support key retailers and retail initiatives
- Coordinate and oversee various blogger specific events including junkets and regional events
- Maintain and build key blogger relationships and contact lists
- Help to coordinate budget with other team members
- Review and submit product orders with title management team (to be in line with title budget)
- Input to project leads on budget and product orders to support reviews/giveaways etc.
- Ensure relevant invoice coding / budget updates
- Assist in filmmaker / talent handling and liaison (where applicable)
- Support ‘red carpet’ execution at relevant events
- Oversee the reporting and ongoing updates on campaigns to project leads
- 3+ years previous work experience in entertainment publicity; in-home/Home Entertainment Film PR experience a plus.
- Strong relationships with entertainment press (traditional print press as well as online, emphasis on regional press, bloggers and social media websites).
- Experience pitching a variety of press and crafting a PR strategy
- Strong knowledge and understanding of social media and digital / online / viral press and publicity.
- Experience managing outside vendors and/or agencies
- Cross-disciplinary project management experience
- Experience in marketing/promoting a product/brand
- Knowledge of the in-home industry and its respective distribution platforms (4K UHD, Digital, Movies Anywhere, Blu-ray, digital video services, etc.)
- Excellent communication and writing skills; writing samples may be requested.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint & Keynote
- Detail-oriented, self-directed skills including ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, including adaptability to last-minute changes
- Ability to work successfully in an extremely fast-paced, deadline oriented work environment.
- Must have ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings
- May require travel domestically, a few times a year
BA/BS in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, English or Journalism preferred
Additional InformationThis position is with The Traveling Lab, an equal opportunity employer