Front-End Engineer (React / Angular)
Movies Anywhere is the next generation of in-home entertainment, providing an unparalleled digital entertainment experience. Leveraging cutting edge technology, unique partnerships, and a talented team, Movies Anywhere is an exclusive, cross-platform, cloud-based movie service that enables consumers to seamlessly discover, grow, access, and enjoy their personal digital movie collection across a variety of studios, retailers, and platforms all in one convenient app and/or website.
Movies Anywhere seeks a Front-End Engineer to join a team of seasoned, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry. We are looking for a self-starting engineer who wants to shape the next generation of video consumption applications. We are a team that values passion, community involvement, and code that stands out. If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you.
ResponsibilitiesThe Front-End Engineer will be working in a team of multi-disciplined engineers on creating the next generation video consumption platforms. We expect you to be up to date on the happenings in the web development space, passionate about what you do and connected to the open source community. You will learn about and participate in overall system design, and help to come up with web-tailored solutions that emphasize re-use and good design patterns.
- Build high-quality software solutions across multiple platforms and with several engineering teams
- Collaborate with other software engineers and cross-functional teams
- Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices
- Contribute new ideas to a larger community of high-caliber professionals
- Balance resources, requirements, and complexity
Basic QualificationsAt a minimum we’re looking for the following in a candidate:
- Very passionate about coding (If you have a Github profile, that’s awesome! Would love to check it out!)
- Very passionate about architecture and design and aware of the different layers that exist in a system (we will ask you to design a system during the interview).
- Capable of leveraging basic Data structures and algorithms to solve problems (i.e. Knows basic CS fundamentals, nothing crazy, just enough to make good decisions).
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge in:
- CSS (LESS/SASS/Stylus)
- CSS methodologies
- Responsive design and SPA development
- Security and performance of web applications
- Cross browser development
- Front end MVC frameworks such as AngularJS or React
- Unit testing using Karma and Jasmine, or equivalent
Required Education BS in Computer Science or related field with 2+ years of experience