Director, A & R
Disney Music Group is home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. The labels’ genre-spanning rosters include Demi Lovato, Ocean Park Standoff, Sofia Carson, ZZ Ward, R5, Zella Day, Breaking Benjamin, Bea Miller, Sabrina Carpenter, Joywave, Olivia Holt, Jordan Fisher, Tini Stoessel, In Real Life, Jorge Blanco, and more. DMG also releases family music and film and television soundtracks such as the Oscar- and Grammy-winning Frozen soundtrack, the Grammy-nominated Guardians of the Galaxy, chart-topping soundtracks including Moana, Beauty and the Beast and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, plus Coco and Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Upcoming soundtracks include Black Panther, A Wrinkle in Time and Avengers: Infinity War. DMG recently acquired the entire Star Wars catalog featuring the music of Oscar- and Grammy-winning composer John Williams.
DMG’s mission is to partner with exciting artists and songwriters who connect emotionally with their fans and grow the business globally by collaborating and innovating with other Disney divisions. Therefore, the ideal candidate must be an experienced music professional with a solid understanding of the industry dynamics and emerging global trends. The candidate should be well established with close relationships among the music industry.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director, A&R in Burbank, CA. Responsibilities
- Identifying and signing talent, both Recording Artists and Composers
- Collaborate on music initiatives with other Disney lines of business such as– Media Networks – Disney Channel, Radio Disney, ABC, ABC Family, and ESPN. Studio – Disney Animation, Pixar, Disney Live Action, and Marvel. Disney Consumer Products, and Internet/Games Group.
- Work with talent and oversee projects through the recording process including developing the talent, matching/finding hit songs, recording sessions, monitoring the budgets, etc.
- Have exceptional knowledge and working relationships within the songwriter and artist communities, music publishers and A&R to facilitate creative and collaborative opportunities.
- Have excellent communication/presentation skills in order to work with other parties across the Disney Company on a variety of projects such as soundtracks and compilations.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in the music industry.
- Strong relationships in the creative community.
- Creative talent with the ability to analyze songs and music for commercial success.
- Working knowledge of the song and music process from conception to release.
- Working knowledge of music industry trade and professional organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to establish a constructive and informative relationship with writers and publishers.
- Able to work independently and with good judgment.
- Attention to detail. Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
Additional InformationThis position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., an equal opportunity employer