Digital Operator - DAILY
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings
Disney Digital Studio Services provides on-lot technical and creative services at the Walt Disney Studios. We are a new team focused on the future and how Disney can lead the way. Our mission is to help our colleagues and filmmakers master the challenges and complexities of today's digital production, post production, marketing and distribution workflows.
Disney Digital Studio Services has an immediate need for a Digital Operator on our Quality Control team at its state-of-the-art facility in Burbank, California. The Digital Operator is a union position covered by the Motion Picture Editors Guild and will be hired on a Daily basis.
ResponsibilitiesThis position will support the Quality control of file-based digital media files, including both picture and sound. The position will perform visual and audio qualitative and technical check of distribution files (i.e. files generated from the master level files).
- Transform or convert digital media without automation or a pre-configured profile
- Perform basic non-creative editing
- Resize and crop images
- Conduct basic image restoration
- Conform media using EDLs with a defined set of guidelines
- Produce applicable reports
- Learn technical specifications for various clients and verify that video, audio and file formats meets the requirements for any given client project.
- Perform additional duties as required
- Use file-based systems to play back and manipulate files on a timeline.
- Identify video and audio anomalies in media files and distinguish severity of issues.
- Provide reports/information to supervisors and business partners as requested.
- Organize and store deliverables and documentation in a manner that facilitates retrieval by others.
- 3 years minimum industry experience in audio and video postproduction quality control, preferably in file-based materials.
- Understand current and prevalent audio/video/film post production systems including file formats, storage and networking systems.
- Understand post-production mastering, especially for home video and electronic delivery.
- Operate typical file-based production equipment, including Clipster, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, DVP, BUF boxes, etc.
- Understand media file formats and CODECs
- Ability to use waveform monitors and audio metering to measure file attributes.
- Familiar with editing, manipulation and transcoding of video and audio files.
- Familiar with various types of metadata used for media assets.
- Working knowledge of current SMPTE, theatrical and broadcast standards.
- Understand the concepts of color spaces, bit-depths, chroma sub-sampling and sampling rates.
- Proficient computer skills. Previous experience with Xytech Media Pulse preferred.
- Work independently as well as take direction from others
- Earn the trust and respect of colleagues, partners, and customers
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Build relationships that advance the goals of the team
- Treat others with respect
- Support change and an environment of continuous improvement
- Deliver timely, high quality work
- Ability to work Swing Shift or Night Shift.
- Current membership in Motion Picture Editors Guild – Local 700. If not currently a member, you will be required to join the Motion Pictures Editors Guild within the first 30 days of employment.
- Digital Cinema experience a plus.
- Experience with automated QC tools is also a plus.
- B.A. or B.S. degree preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 Quality Assurance and/or ISO 27001 Security methodologies a plus.
Additional InformationThis position is with Walt Disney Pictures, an equal opportunity employer