Business & Legal Affairs JD Intern, Marvel Studios – Summer 2018
At The Walt Disney Studios, you’ll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music and live entertainment.
Be a part of something big…
Marvel Studios, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over 70 years.
Our Business & Legal Affairs internship programs provide law students with a unique opportunity to work with Marvel's in-house attorneys on cutting edge entertainment, corporate, and intellectual property matters. Marvel's legal staff manages all legal issues relating to:
- Feature films at all stages including development, production, and marketing
- Talent agreements for Marvel’s motion pictures
- Copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property advice, protection, and enforcement
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring…
- Interest in the practice of entertainment law and in-house transactional work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills, especially in legal analysis
- Excellent research skills; resourceful
- Strong organizational skills with ability to handle and follow through on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment; detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work well with others as well as independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred QualificationsAlso a plus…
- Classes completed in copyright, entertainment and other intellectual property areas
- Prior internship at a film or entertainment company or law firm
- Completion of one or more years of law school in a current JD program at the start of the internship
Additional InformationProgram Eligibility
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Available full time (40 hours per week) for 10-12 weeks from May/June through August/September
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
- Enrolled in an JD program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer