Manager - Data Engineering
Over 150 million people watch Disney ABC programming every week, which means to have a career here is an opportunity for big impact in highly visibile, fast moving organization. Our Consumer Data & Analytics team within Consumer Experiences leverages a combination of media and tech expertise to drive data-driven decisions across the Disney ABC Television Group (DATG) and plays a critical role in the way we connect with consumers and engage our audiences.
Do you want to use data to help drive the direction of media and tech products that touch the lives of hundreds of millions of people? We’re looking for a leader in our Data Engineering team to help us architect our future and build our team. You’ll work with some of the most interesting data sets in the world, use cutting edge methodologies, and see your efforts advance our content toward blockbuster success rates.
The leader we are looking for has strong data architecture and infrastructure skills, a proven track record of leading and scaling data engineering teams, strong communication and collaborative skills, significant track record of product ownership, and a strong vision for how data can inform business strategy. This is a full time position in our Seattle office.
- Drive the vision and engineering for all initiatives around data warehousing across consumer experiences
- Define the processes needed to achieve and sustain operational excellence including project delivery and system integrity
- Build, lead and scale an exceptionally talented team of data engineers
- Manage the data warehouse plans providing technical expertise in design, build and launch of new data models and pipelines
- Partnering with analytics, project management and business leadership to implement the optimal BI solutions
- Define and manage to SLA’s for all data processes running in production
- Manage a structured and agile software development lifecycle
- Drive data quality across the business
- 7+ years experience in data engineering and data warehousing
- Experience managing a 5-15 person team
- Data architecting skills
- Project management skills
- Track record of success solving various business problems and handling scalability issues for ELT/ETL platforms.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Advance SQL
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, or Unix shell scripts
- Experience with AWS ecosystem products, e.g. Redshift, EMR, Glue etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Familiarity with digital media industry
BS or MS in Computer Science, Math, Physics or other technical field.