Manager - Business Intelligence
Are you passionate about changing the future of television? The media industry is undergoing rapid change, and Disney-ABC Television is building new data & analytics capabilities that will enable us to lead in this dynamic new marketplace. A new startup group has launched within Disney-ABC Television with the skills and passion to prepare the way for that future and lead a data revolution. The Consumer Data & Analytics team is responsible for innovating, developing, and evangelizing state of the art products and solutions.
Disney-ABC Television Group (DATG) is seeking a passionate and insightful Business Intelligence Manager to join our Consumer Data & Analytics (CD&A) team. You will be responsible for defining future-state BI/reporting capabilities and roadmap, driving requirements prioritization as well as implementation & adoption of new BI capabilities.
- Drive the BI roadmap by prioritizing long-term and short-term initiatives around enterprise, self-service BI and analytics.
- Build an intelligence and insights reporting platform that enables relevant partners to look at various metrics, trends and actionable data.
- Actively identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that help drive customer experience and program improvements.
- Lead a Business Intelligence team of talented BI Engineers and Analysts.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes through simplification and automation.
- 10+ years experience designing and operating very large BI/Analytics platforms
- 3+ years experience leading a development team
- Strong Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence skills, including: identification of technology to solve various business problems and handling scalability issues for BI platform.
- In-depth understanding of DW implementation standard and application development methodology (SDLC).
- Experience in designing and delivering cross-functional custom reporting solutions by running technical teams.
- Provide technical knowledge, project management and leadership to implement the solution.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload.
- Support data governance and metadata management documentation, processes and activities.
- Hands on experience with BI tools like OBIEE, Tableau, MicroStrategy etc.
- Experience with creating self-service BI environments.
- Excellent documentation skills, ability to produce diagrams and schematics that visualize technical solution.
- Experience leading technical staff performance including goals, performance reviews, and coaching.
- In-depth understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling practices and where they are best utilized.
- In-depth understanding of data integration standards and methodology, leading industry applications and features such as master data management, entity resolution, data quality assessment, metadata management, etc.
- Working knowledge of HDFS, Hadoop/Hive and familiarity with big Data technologies (HBASE, Spark).
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in building BI teams from scratch.
- Experience in evaluating various technological solutions to deliver on business requirements.
- Familiarity with media industry.
- Working knowledge of statistical tool like R, SAS etc.
BS or MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
Additional InformationEqual Opportunity Employer- Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability