SVP - Long Form (ABC News)
The Senior Vice President of Long Form for ABC News will provide creative leadership and strategic vision across all ABC News Long Form linear and nonlinear platforms – including Lincoln Square Productions, 20/20, Nightline and long form digital.
This role is responsible for overseeing in-house and external/3rd party productions for non-scripted series and documentary programming - from conception and deal making to pilot to production supervision and delivery.
The SVP will serve as the main point of contact to production companies and agencies in order to develop new non-fiction, character-driven programming. This position is New York City based and reports to the President of ABC News. Responsibilities
- Manage unscripted development with the primary responsibility to maximize creativity and innovation to create successful programs.
- Oversee internal ideation by conducting brainstorming meetings and generating new ideas.
- Strong and established relationships with talent, agents, production companies, producers, writers and other key players in the television, cable and streaming industry.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, leadership skills and strong analytical skills for ratings and research data and analysis.
- The ideal candidate would have expertise developing experimental, and unique digital series and formats at the network and production company level for a multitude of digital platforms.
- The ability to successfully translate vision into strategy and execute that strategy to create a slate of shows.
- Candidates must have proven success with creating ideas from scratch and turning them into premium broadcast, cable or digital series.
- An excellent communicator with strong oral and written skills for internal and external presentations.
- Strong interpersonal and tactful skills, including the ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of management within Disney ABC Television Group and outside parties.
- Supervise the production and post-production of shows, including guiding story development, editorial guidance and feedback throughout the process.
- Liaise with sales team and production companies to provide and supervise integration ideas.
- Develop shows that deliver ratings with our core audience and beyond.
- Experience at conventions, festivals and panels such as MIPCOM, Realscreen, NATPE and others.
- This position requires frequent travel, including Los Angeles.
- BA or BS from a 4 year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
Additional InformationEqual Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity