At Disney ABC/Television Group, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills….
The Disney / ABC Television Group (DATG) is one of today's premier media entertainment companies, combining high-quality content with strategic use of technology to deliver compelling news and entertainment viewing experiences to hundreds of millions of people around the world.
DATG is seeking a Senior Manager of Finance & Strategy for ABC News. This person will partner with the ABC News leadership team to drive strategic innovation by identifying transformative opportunities to deliver on financial growth goals, partner with and lead cross-functional teams through initiatives, and provide action-oriented solutions based on sound analytical insights.
The position will report into the ABC News Vice President of Finance and Strategy.
- Collaborate in the creation of long-range growth strategies that align with ABC News priorities by leveraging financial and business reporting systems, as well as insights from cross-functional ABC News leaders, to develop recommendations and drive decision-making
- Manage complex projects with minimal direction to identify opportunities to maximize efficiency, find new approaches and champion innovation
- Work effectively and partner with other leaders to implement improved processes and pursue strategic initiatives within ABC News and across the entire DATG portfolio
- Partner with content and platform leaders to identify and analyze critical new business opportunities for ABC News
- Through a working and constantly evolving understanding of how the media news and information content industries are evolving, perform analysis and make recommendations on specific thoughtful, practical and timely growth initiatives
- Support cross-functional teams in scenario-planning for revenue growth and optimization strategies
- Perform research, modeling and analysis to develop analytical documents for presentation to executives to inform decisions
- Manage reporting of strategic projects to ensure targets are achieved· Champion a culture of creativity, collaboration, diversity and innovation
- Support News in managing staffing and resourcing, including the transformation of business models amid fast-changing media landscape
- Supervise and mentor a lean, dedicated team of 1-2 finance professionals
- The successful candidate should have a proven track record in strategy and business development work, as well as financial analysis
- Strategy or business development experience a must, including building and analyzing business plans, creating financial models and performing strategic analysis
- Proven track record in strategy and business development
- Superior strategic skills that provide business insight and support decision-making processes
- Experience in or working knowledge of news, media and/or entertainment, including the expanding multiplatform content and distribution business
- Ability to combine strong quantitative skills with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Eagerness to dissect and analyze complex business relationships
- Ability to craft concise recommendations based on thorough business and market analysis
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and data sets graphically in an effective way
- Excellent analytical, financial modeling and research skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to lead a project from inception, formulating theses and managing work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well with a variety of business partners and diverse stakeholders
- Familiarity with working in or with large organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- MBA preferred, media and/or operations experience also a plus
Company Overview The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company’s (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, ABC Family, Radio Disney, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company’s equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group’s portfolio of media businesses. Additional InformationEqual Opportunity Employer- Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability