Manager, Remote Production Operations (NYC)
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
ESPN Remote Production Operations is a unit within the Production division of ESPN Content. Our business unit comprises Venue/Stadium Management, Technical/Resource Management, Remote Crewing, Remote Transmission, Mobile Unit Operations, External Studio Operations, Workflow Design, and Business Operations. Our team manages approximately 10,000 technicians and supports more than 5000 productions each year located in various stadiums, arenas, and remote locations throughout the world.
The Manager of Remote Production Operations is responsible for key leadership and direction of all Production Operations at ESPN Studios at The Seaport including hiring, training, scheduling and overall management of personnel & facilities. Responsibilities
- Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling and overall management of Production Operations staff and facilities at ESPN Studios at The Seaport. Thorough knowledge of Production Operations is desired.
- Oversees production operations, personnel, and facilities in support of live studio shows, live specialty productions, on-site remote activations and breaking news. Oversees a combination of domestic and international integration requirements while working closely with ESPN network control, edit operations, transmissions, and the ESPN assignment desk.
- Recommends the procedures and processes related to supporting production operations and oversees the development of standard operating procedures for all operating functions.
- Required to participate in the planning and development for current and future production and operational needs and requirements of production operations, including but not limited to systems, workflow, staffing and facilities.
- Participates in the research of new technologies as they relate to the Seaport studio operations; maintains a current awareness of technical developments and trends in the industry.
- Responsible for overall leadership and management of assigned teams including but not limited to; vendors-supplied technicians, personnel performance, recruitment, and achievements in line with company priorities.
- Working closely with leadership from across the enterprise, participate in planning for merit, promotional, and capital budgets.
- Leads the creation and implementation of training and development programs to improve the competency of the production operations staff; evaluates the progress of the staff in their training.
- Expected to direct or participate in special projects.
- Candidate must have past managerial experience. They must also possess a strong knowledge of: operating standards and systems, multi-platform production equipment, signal flow and distribution, and the applicable Standard Operating Procedures. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to engage in diversity efforts around team building, resource planning, training, remote assignments, report writing, staff and facility assignments.
- Qualified candidate will possess 10+ years of network or major market experience in management and television operations dealing in the execution of domestic and/or international production. Candidate should have a proven track record of leadership and expertise in server based technologies, as well as, audio/communications, network control operations, non-linear edit, media ingest, record and playout, specialty studio cameras, video shading, robotics, and more.
- Must be available to work 2nd shift and weekends to support NBA pre-game/ half-time/post-game as well as social media initiatives
- Oversee external requirements (production/ marketing/ budgeting) that would take place on and around New York property.
- Oversight of multiple on-sight studios, simultaneously
- Must be available to
- Work closely with operations management in covering vacations, time off, etc.
- 10-years of progressively complex related production and network operations experience.
- In-depth knowledge of studio and network processes including cross-platform collaboration.
- In-depth understanding of the financial implications of studio and network operations.
- In-depth knowledge of the technical equipment involved in producing shows and multi-network operations.
- College Degree in Mass Communications, Electronic Journalism or related field is preferred. Demonstrated proficiency in television operations is also desired.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends.
- ESPN is the World Wide Leader in Sports and the industry leader in High Definition Television production. We are looking for a proven professional to join our management team.
- Proficient in business protocol and familiar with techniques of production research and development.
- Bi-lingual preferred (English/Spanish)
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Production, Management or related fields is preferred.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.