Early Morning News is hiring an Associate Producer (AP).
The AP is responsible for all creative aspects of producing content for ABC’s overnight broadcasts ‘World News Now’ and ‘America This Morning’ as well as ‘Good Morning America.’ A key part of the job is editing voiceovers and packages. APs also pitch stories and can be involved in shooting/writing them as well. The overnight programs are a truly collaborative enterprise and a great place to develop a wide range of skills from hard-news coverage to lighter features. Avid editing skills are a must, and the right candidate must work overnight hours five days per week (Sunday night thru Thursday night).
- Support producers in all aspects of production – editorial and video research and basic editing.
- Must also be able to work independently on stand-alone assignments including day of air pieces, and voiceovers.
- Prior production experience required.
- Creative, innovative approach important.
- Candidate must be willing to work overnight schedule.
- Strong editorial and production skills, including prior news coverage experience
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform duties under deadline
- Avid editing
- Ability to generate original story ideas and produce original stories for broadcast
- Desire to work in a collaborative, high-pressure environment
BA or BS from a four-year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
Additional InformationEqual Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity