Associate Manager, Advertising and Marketing Intelligence
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Associate Manager position within Fan & Media Intelligence supports ESPN Customer Marketing & Sales multimedia efforts. Dual responsibilities which include monitoring and testing measurement of digital metrics as well as providing day-to-day research support for sales teams that are calling on agencies. Proactively compile and analyze behavioral and attitudinal data to determine trends in media usage, sports consumption, brand affinity and fandom. Assists with analysis of audience data to best position ESPN assets across platform. The Associate Manager will oversee an analyst who will report into them. Position reports to Associate Director, Advertising & Marketing Intelligence.
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative research in a fast paced environment
- Monitor and test 3rd party vendors’ measurement of digital metrics including viewability, IVT, brand safety and demo guarantees
- Produce insights for Ad Operations and Production to improve performance versus any given key performance indicator
- Address questions from advertising partners about discrepancies in vendors’ reporting
- Experience with managing others preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Data Visualization software (Tableau) and statistical analysis tools (SPSS) preferred
- Experience with syndicated media research tools including Nielsen TV ratings products, comScore Media Metrix, comScore TV Essentials, MRI / Simmons, Adobe, Nielsen Monitor-Plus, and TNS / Kantar Media preferred
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to compile and analyze behavioral and attitudinal data to determine trends in media usage, sports consumption, brand affinity and fandom
- Typically has 4-5 years of marketing, media, or consumer research experience
- 1-2 years of management experience
- 1+ year of Ad Tech research experience
- Has sound understanding of research sources and methods in specific area of responsibility
- Advanced user of required research systems
- College degree in Communications, Marketing, Research, Advertising or related field (or other college degree with relevant work experience)
- Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation of media/marketing information required
- Media and/or market research experience; a concentration in advertising research preferred
- Strong organizational skills, and excellent written and oral communications skills
- Computer experience with vendor based software, as well as Windows based PC software (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Bachelor's Degree
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.