Affiliate Sales and Marketing MBA Internship, NY - ESPN - Summer 2018
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Affiliate Sales and Marketing department represents networks across the ESPN Networks and Disney ABC Media Networks portfolio which includes the ACC Network, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNEWS, ESPN Deportes, ESPNU, ESPN Classic, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Bases Loaded, Freeform, Longhorn Network, and SEC Network. ASM is responsible for all aspects of domestic distribution of our live networks and VOD, marketing and business operations related to MVPD and digital distribution.
A Day in the Life:
This 10-week rotational program across ASM applies ingenuity, creativity, and analytical skills in identifying, creating, and evaluating strategies and tactics to advance the content distribution business of Disney and ESPN Media Networks across cable, satellite, telco, and digital accounts. The role will work across the Sales, Marketing, Strategy, and Business Operations teams on projects that will further support content distribution efforts.
Projects may include:
- Assist in analyzing distribution opportunities, key business drivers, trends, and new technologies and business models
- Take part in building marketing strategy to help drive acquisition and retention for affiliates and their customers
- Research and communicate opportunities to connect company priorities and goals to affiliate priorities
- Support execution of new and existing distribution strategies
What You Bring to the Role:
- Detail oriented self-starter with outstanding interpersonal skills both verbal and written
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience in media, technology, or with subscription business models
- Proven financial/business analytical skills
- Familiar with the Disney and ESPN Media Networks portfolio
- General understanding of the current trends in the media industry and the competitive landscape
- Bachelor's Degree earned and currently enrolled in an MBA program taking at least one course in the semester prior to the internship
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be pursuing an MBA at an accredited college or university and taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship during your MBA program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The length of this internship is ten weeks, and the approximate dates are June 11 – August 17, 2018. Interns will work 40 hours per week and must be fully available throughout the internship.
Housing: This internship is located in New York, NY. Participants on this internship must provide their own housing.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
ESPN is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.